DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

The shade GI is throwing using a screenshot from Battlefront II is neat.

Dude no shit. This is us blowing up Dice making shit Star Wars games. 

Respawn making a Star Wars game is legit interesting though, mainly from a "how do they have the capacity to do it" perspective. They already have Apex, they're working on another unannounced Titanfall game, and now this. 

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Respawn making a Star Wars game is legit interesting though, mainly from a "how do they have the capacity to do it" perspective. They already have Apex, they're working on another unannounced Titanfall game, and now this. 

Actually thought the whole thing was that Apex Legends IS the "unannounced Titanfall game" and that is basically it for the IP as Titanfall 3 isn't happening

Maybe I misread the article but I just remember folks being disappointed when the Apex Legends announcement was made

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Actually thought the whole thing was that Apex Legends IS the "unannounced Titanfall game" and that is basically it for the IP as Titanfall 3 isn't happening

Maybe I misread the article but I just remember folks being disappointed when the Apex Legends announcement was made

No, Respawn said they still have another Titanfall game planned for later this year with the speculation being that it will be a strategy game. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

New Samurai Shodown game coming this year?  And a youtube trailer with footage?  I love you, SNK. 

Depending on how much you believe in leaked release dates, it sounds like The Outer Worlds could be coming on 6 August.

Steam and Amazon apparently both had it up for a bit before they took it back to the standard "2019" on their sites.

How smart / lucky is Ubisoft? 

Between shitty Anthem's problems and Destiny 2's new content coming out tomorrow, The Division 2 will have a fairly uncontested release and could nab a lot of the people that either quit or never tried Anthem as well as the D2 players who will burn thorough Season of the Joker content in like five days.

Edited by J.T.

Every single line of dialogue in The Division 2 beta felt like a FOX News employee had a wet dream about Rambo then wrote a video game, and had it published without the slightest editing or oversight.

I get this is 100% the target audience but that doesn't make it any less gross.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Every single line of dialogue in The Division 2 beta felt like a FOX News employee had a wet dream about Rambo then wrote a video game, and had it published without the slightest editing or oversight.

I get this is 100% the target audience but that doesn't make it any less gross.

What's weird is the first Division game was somewhat progressive with Dr. Jessica Kandel. Still, Ubisoft is going after the FOX News audience.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:44 PM, Eivion said:

The content rolls out through the month.

Bah.  On the days of release, the tutorial videos will hit YouTube before I get in my car to drive home.

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Bah.  On the days of release, the tutorial videos will hit YouTube before I get in my car to drive home.

No one is forcing you to watch them

Guest The Magnificent 7

Is there a Godzilla game coming out on anything ‘cause I am super fucking stoked for this movie. I want to burn cities with Rodan and dropkick moth larvae with Anguirus. 

I really fucking hate how the "realistic" physics feel on these zen recreation tables.  Ball has one fucking speed. It never has any slow lobbing shots.  Just screamers. No flipper nuance.  Like, y'ever play real pinball?  Flippers have different power levels. Then there's flipper staging. Can't tap pass when the ball is drooling towards the drain..  Post passing never works the way you want it to.  You can still nudge pass like it's regular zen pinball.  No micro-flipping.  Nudge has no dynamic range.  It's either full bore or so subtle you could never use it in the moment.  You get like three hard nudges in a row before tilt warning even triggers and it will eventually cool down.  You wobblin' near the outlane?  Just blast that fucker straight up!  The castle shot on Medieval is in backhand land.  But real backhand shots aren't possible.  The flipper rubbers are either dead or superball shit.  The newer "zen" physics just trivialize shit.  You can trap damn near everything like there's cassowary jizzum on the rubbers.  Feels like Gottlieb system 3 flippers.  On fishtales you just hold left flipper on plunge and you're drop catching.

PROS: 

The knocker and other mechanical sounds kick ass.  Ball travel sound not so much.

Rolling backflip shots are realistic and reliable.

In multiball, strangely, the realistic physics feel good.  I can't understand it either.

I like TPA and Zen original gameplay but these FX3 WMS tables just ain't that addictive to me.  The zen tables also have their own layout and ruleset issues as well.   Like every single shot having a multi-syllabic word to spell.  Multiballs that take forever to qualify. Music is sack shrivelling ambient garbage.  Damn near everything sounds like royalty free trash.  Also,  those Universal tables didn't have ANY GODDAMNED real soundtrack shit.  NO FUCKING JOHN WILLIAMS on ET.  The goddamned Secrets of the Deep had a reasonable faux Jaws ripoff noise.  NO BACK TO THE FUTURE THEME.

SHIT callouts.  Like, they never have an exciting extra ball meltdown.  Multiballs just kinda peter in.  Like in E.T. and AVP.  They LOVE those absolute dicktip end of the flipper shots for major targets.  What the fuck.  My favorite zen tables are DOOM(TWO dicktip multiball shots), Aliens and AVP(dicktip), Jurassic Park and the Mayhem(dicktip) one. I've played a shit ton of ET but still see the problems with it.  I've beat the wizard mode on Back To The Future.  I beat Skyrim but it took like 60 games to finally beat that last dragon. I only kinda liked Castlestorm(dicktip) and Wild West Rampage(dicktip) until I played them in VR.  Castlestorm in VR kicks serious fucking ass.  A major point being that the camera doesn't zoom in on the mini playfield so you can actually keep track of shit during multiball and get super jackpots.  Biggest crime is that there probably won't ever be anymore VR tables made.  Also a little pissy that all those marvel and star wars tables aren't on switch where I could really dig into them without distractions in portable mode.

So yeah,  I'm definitely buying volume 3 as soon as it comes out.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Man, I heard on a podcast that SquareEnix basically dumped out a new Front Mission game in Japan and it apparently sucks ? That itself sucks.

Yes, it's called Left Alive. The art director did Metal Gear Solid and the game art looks like a MGS game. Apparently, the AI is incredibly stupid.