DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

GreedFall

So basically Nise Dragon Age - I am in

I think @JLSigman might be too

This has my attention, but I'm waiting to see how they handle some parts of it. I don't particularly want to play a colonizer destroying the natives, which is the vibe me and some others are getting at the moment. I'm hoping it'll be better than that.

15 hours ago, Raziel said:

Boo no Lasombra.Ā  However, Brujah are there and I'm good then.Ā  Lack of playable Nossies is interesting.

The existence of Tremere in the game points to them using the old system and Lasombra were a Sabbat clan along with the Tzimice, so that may explain why they're not being used as a launch release PC vampire class.Ā 

Since they are extremely popular, I wouldn't be surprised if the Lasombra class or the Obteneration discipline was used as a microtransaction carrot, pre-order bonus, or kept as DLC content.

I was sorta hoping that this new game would've adopted the Requiem rules so that we could've been Mekhet / Khaibit shadow vampires / ghost hunters, but I think I will be good as a mist controlling blood mage.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:37 PM, Andrew POE! said:

On September 3rd, Root Letter Last Answer comes out on PS4 and Switch. Hopefully someone other than me will get this game.

My handheld adventure game backlog.... ugh. I've beat every Layton, every Zero Escape, the first three Phoenix Wrights, Ghost Trick, Hotel Dusk, Danganronpa 1 + 2, even Code: Realize (not a big fan of visual novels with that little gameplay). But now I gotta get around to DR3, Apollo Justice, The Last Window (Hotel Dusk sequel that never got an NA release), 2064: Read Only Memories and Alone With You, all of which I have spent real money on and are sitting on my shelf. And I don't plan on completing any of them by the time AI: The Somnium Files comes out.

I gatherĀ āˆšLetter has as much gameplay as a PW game, and I dig that it's not some tropey teenage anime-fest. But if I'm going to go down the path of more modern VN/Adventure games, should I prioritize 428: Shibuya Scramble,Ā Steins;Gate and VA-11 HALL-A?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

My handheld adventure game backlog.... ugh. I've beat every Layton, every Zero Escape, the first three Phoenix Wrights, Ghost Trick, Hotel Dusk, Danganronpa 1 + 2, even Code: Realize (not a big fan of visual novels with that little gameplay). But now I gotta get around to DR3, Apollo Justice, The Last Window (Hotel Dusk sequel that never got an NA release), 2064: Read Only Memories and Alone With You, all of which I have spent real money on and are sitting on my shelf. And I don't plan on completing any of them by the time AI: The Somnium Files comes out.

I gatherĀ āˆšLetter has as much gameplay as a PW game, and I dig that it's not some tropey teenage anime-fest. But if I'm going to go down the path of more modern VN/Adventure games, should I prioritize 428: Shibuya Scramble,Ā Steins;Gate and VA-11 HALL-A?

Steins;Gate tends to be a faster VN to go through -- at least for trophy hunters. 428: Shibuya Scramble may be interesting in a 'so bad it's good' way.

I was under the impression that Shibuya Scramble is a total critical darling and that trophies being compulsory for all Sony and Microsoft releases adds what often amount to completely unnecessary gameplay goals that exist outside of many game's intended aesthetic and narrative spaces and are therefore evil.Ā 

For those loved Wrestlefest there's a game coming out early next year that is basically the spiritual successor to it.Ā  I'm so happy it's coming out on Switch.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Holy shit, The Old Republic is still around???

For some value thereof. The studio got gotted for AnthemĀ and it's been in a decline since. I don't play much anymore, maybe logging in every week or two, and most of my friends have moved on. Basically, people who log into the PTS are their unpaid Alpha and Beta testers. I did that in the past for LotRO, and will not go through that frustration ever again without compensation.