DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

The Xbox Series X design might be really good with cooling/temperature control.

EDIT: I'm so glad Xbox is seemingly going hard into multi-platforming. It just makes so much more sense in the long run, especially if you're not Nintendo.

Edited by turk128

That Senua trailer... Who needs sleep anyway? Awe inspiring. I believe I own the first one on two platforms but I am still waiting for a time where I feel mentally prepared to take it on.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I think it was super interesting just how many new games we saw tonight at the game awards, plus a full fledged console reveal.

E3's power is clearly fading, though I won't go as far as to say it's spent. 

To me, it's showing how E3 is definitely for the companies to show off to each other, while this was purely fandom. 

I don't know how I feel about Xbox Series X. I can't really say I'm excited for it but I like how it is backwards compatible all the way to the first Xbox (Panzer Dragoon Orta in 8K???? Melt my eyeballs).

The name sounds like an add-on rather than a brand new console. I would think it would be like the "PS4 Pro 2" for Xbox One based on the name.

The design looks like a minitower PC...not really something for a living room, but more for an office.

The specs sound great.

But it hurts to see Hellblade II not on PS5. Stupid Microsoft and their moneyhatting/buying developers.

• Like 1

Exclusives suck, but are nothing new an designed to sell consoles.  I mean, I'm gonna stay in Sony's ecosystem because it's unlikely Horizon 2 and God of War ever show up on XBox, so...

• Like 2

Godfall looks like...fancy Darksiders.

As for the XSX (hmm...SSX? SSX TRICKY?!), you don't have to keep it standing and you can set it on it's side, but it looks like it's maybe 6" tall when laying on it's side. That's still pretty tall. My TV stand could accommodate it, but I think I would be tempted to just stick it behind my TV and stand it up.

For the new Xbox if it's going to look like a computer then you might as well dual boot it into Windows 10 for some Steam goodness.  At least that's my first possibly-not-so-smart impression when seeing the form factor.  But between that and PS5 it's going to be interesting to see what wins me over.

I'm still eager to see what the price point is on the XSX and PS5. I'm still tempted to jump back ship over the Xbox if the Show is going to be released for it. I also don't care much for any other exclusive titles except for the Show and Spider-Man. I'm not a God of War fan and have no desire to play it, same with Horizon. I miss playing Halo (I did just get the MCC on Steam though) and Forza.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bravely Default II

Well I see I'm going to have to press my older brother to finally pick up a Switch. The Bravely games are the only ones I actually beaten the last two years. Same for him.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I’m gonna be so mad when Horizon 2 is most likely a PS5 title instead of both. I mean, I hope I’m wrong, but I have a feeling I won’t be.

The first couple of years titles are supposed to be PS4 & PS5. Unless Horizon isn't coming out until 2022 I would be a little surprised if ended up only sticking to PS5.

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

Considering the XBox's OS is literally Windows 10's core with a bunch of modifications, that's not out of the question.

And here I was thinking I was out of my mind.  Thanks, sir.  Considering my current computer wants to orbit into space everytime I try to play a Steam game (graphics card plus it being an old computer) if they had Steam as part of it that would be my ideal gaming PC minus the non-gaming part of it in the way.  Considering there's  XBox support for Windows with it being under the same umbrella if they found a way to make this work I could see an increase in sales for people looking for a 2-in-1 type system.  But again this is all just pipe dream stuff and not likely to happen due to various reasons.  But it sure is nice to think about.

35 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm still eager to see what the price point is on the XSX and PS5. I'm still tempted to jump back ship over the Xbox if the Show is going to be released for it. I also don't care much for any other exclusive titles except for the Show and Spider-Man. I'm not a God of War fan and have no desire to play it, same with Horizon. I miss playing Halo (I did just get the MCC on Steam though) and Forza.

See, I saw the MCC on Steam and want to pick it up, but since only Reach is out now I really don't want to pick it up and find out my PC will grind to a halt trying to play 4 (which I'm pretty sure it will)

31 minutes ago, Raziel said:

See, I saw the MCC on Steam and want to pick it up, but since only Reach is out now I really don't want to pick it up and find out my PC will grind to a halt trying to play 4 (which I'm pretty sure it will)

So the upside is that right now you can just pick up Reach for $9.99 and if it does grind your PC to a halt, you can immediately get a refund.

I bought MCC with the assumption it was ALL Halo games (except 5) and didn't realize it was only starting out with Reach. I played some multiplayer Reach and that was my first Halo experience in years and man was it rough. I'm so used to looking down my gun before I fire. I also got owned really badly. 

Honestly, me and about 6 or 7 other friends are all getting MCC just because we all want to play Halo against each other again and only 3 of us live in town anymore. This is the best way to do it. I'm looking forward to the Halo 1 multiplayer maps. And Halo 2.

On 12/13/2019 at 3:05 AM, Oyaji said:

That Senua trailer... Who needs sleep anyway? Awe inspiring. I believe I own the first one on two platforms but I am still waiting for a time where I feel mentally prepared to take it on.

It's really a great experience, and I hope you get to play it soon. Like everybody and their mom says, playing with headphones is a must. I definitely felt the game and it's ending for a few days after. It was intense and haunting but also ultimately uplifting. Plus it's a fairly short game so you don't need to set aside a huge amount of time, at least. 

That said, I'm not a fan of exclusives and not getting to play the sequel is gonna be a fucking bummer. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 2

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic