DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Tell Me Why

New game from the folks who do Life is Strange (unclear if it is in the universe or separate)

I really don't like how Microsoft pulls off stuff like this. It's so petty. Dontnod will probably get bought next by them and will work on a survival horror online multiplayer game next just because.

(I really wish this was coming to PS4)

2 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

I really don't like how Microsoft pulls off stuff like this. It's so petty. Dontnod will probably get bought next by them and will work on a survival horror online multiplayer game next just because.

(I really wish this was coming to PS4)

They're really trying to position the value add for the next console generation. Plus, they're really trying to get as many people on Gamepass as possible too because even the PC network can supplement the console market. They've been very clever about slowly setting themselves as the "we learned from our last generation mistakes" company.

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

WHAT. Tell me more please.

The Yakuza series is finally coming to Xbox One.
Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami 1, and Yakuza Kiwami 2 are all coming to Xbox One, and will be available on Game Pass in “early 2020.”

The original Kingdom Hearts games are heading to Xbox One.
That’s Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8, meaning pretty much everything. They’re also dropping a demo of Kingdom Hearts III on Xbox One today.

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 8:40 AM, Craig H said:

I'm one of them, kinda. I preordered way back in June. I don't think it was that long after it was even announced. I'm not getting my package until the 21st or 22nd. When you pre-ordered the Founders Edition, you were told you would be able to be the first to pick your name and now you don't even get to do that. You have to wait until your package ships and you get your access code to pick your name and get everything setup. So the people who aren't getting their Founder's Edition package until December are really screwed. I can understand why those folks cancelled their pre-orders.

It was my impression that people are getting a choice, albeit a dumb one.  The Reddit AMA made it sound like codes go out Tue for everyone, and if your Founders Pack isn't shipping by then you can either burn the code on day 1 to get your name, and play on PC with mouse and kb til your box arrives, or wait for the box and take your chances.

10 hours ago, Death From Above said:

XV is much better with all the DLC being out there but even then, from what I am told the related novels make it clear they ended up leaving a ton of the story that tied it all together out of the games.

Like, pretty much all of it.  XV is more an incomplete game than Xenogears was.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Death From Above said:

XV is much better with all the DLC being out there but even then, from what I am told the related novels make it clear they ended up leaving a ton of the story that tied it all together out of the games.

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

Like, pretty much all of it.  XV is more an incomplete game than Xenogears was.

Somehow this isn't super surprising. Didn't they end up changing quite a bit of the story once they took Nomura off to focus on KH III and FFVII Remake?

Ah, Xenogears, I'm still disappointed that was never completed in its original form or the redux attempt with Xenosaga. 

22 hours ago, Eivion said:

I never did beat XIII and I actually did like what I got through. Still haven't played XV and I have had it for at least 3 years now.

I'm still trying to Platinum FFXIII but Good God do I have to do a lot of walking around in the lower world for it and maxing out stuff before the endgame because 1 enemy type won't be there after the end of the game.

• Like 2

Yeah, day 1 isn't the time to grab pitchforks and torches unless it's WWE 2K20. If you're an early adopter, you have to know what you're kinda getting yourself into. If you're not comfortable with that then whatever.

I've also explained my decision to get the Founders Edition, but I've wanted a Chromecast Ultra, I want a decent controller for my PC and this one looks pretty good, and I'm getting 3 months of the pro service to start. If it sucks, I'll cancel the pro service and just enjoy the Chromecast and the controller.