DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

VtM: Bloodlines 2 will have two additional story based DLCs and a expansion pack that tells the campaign mode story and DLC story content from the perspective of a werewolf protagonist.

Pre-Orders will get in game items (allegedly posters for your haven) referencing Damsel and crazy ass Jeanette Voerman.

TAKE MY MONIES NOW.

Edited by J.T.

Ubisoft also announced delaying all their big upcoming titles (Watch Dogs Legion, Rainbow Six Quarantine, and Gods & Monsters)

All were set to come out "Early 2020". Now they are "Next Fiscal Year" (Which is Spring 2020 to Spring 2021)

This was directly attributed to Ghost Recon Breakpoint WAY under-performing (and, to a lesser extent, The Division 2.)

16 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Super concerning that Skull & Bones appears to have essentially vanished, there is absolutely no released schedule beyond "someday".

Fuck, I was looking forward to that thing after being such a big fan of the Pirate ship gameplay of Black Flag. I don’t know if a multiplayer version of that would’ve been good, but I really wanted another one of those to get my Master & Commander fix.

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ubisoft also announced delaying all their big upcoming titles (Watch Dogs Legion, Rainbow Six Quarantine, and Gods & Monsters)

All were set to come out "Early 2020". Now they are "Next Fiscal Year" (Which is Spring 2020 to Spring 2021)

This was directly attributed to Ghost Recon Breakpoint WAY under-performing (and, to a lesser extent, The Division 2.)

Watch Dogs: Legion is a pretty ambitious concept so I had no illusions about it having a solid release date..  I knew it was going to get pushed back.

Launch trailer for Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Also EA and Steam have come to an agreement so Jedi Fallen Order will be the first EA title since 2013 to appear on Steam

Future EA titles and EA's Access subscription service will become available to Steam too

I'm waiting for that PC version.  I know I won't get spoiled because I still know basically nothing about MGS5.  Yes, I still haven't played more than that first 45 minutes all these years later.

Edited by assfax

Death Stranding review embargo is up. None of the perfect scores are from websites I've ever heard of. The Giant Bomb coverage so far is scorching, especially the Beastcast.

EDIT: this post originally said "none of the perfect scores are from websites about it" and I just want to note for the record I have no idea what that was supposed to mean either.

Edited by Lamp, broken circa 1988

I'm listening to the Giant Beastcast right now and...yeah, I don't think I'm getting this game. I have the Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3. I don't think I need to mess with whatever Death Stranding is.

I'm getting it because I respect Kojima's work, even if the MSG games have never been personal favorites.  But, yeah, in a lot less of a hurry to actually play it after reading some reviews.   So maybe Kojima did need Konami to reign him in and keep his ideas on point  after all. 

I watched the trailers and still didn't think Stranding would boil down to "Post-Apocalyptic UPS Driver - the Game."  Oops.  I was wrong.

Edited by Whodathunkit

Overwatch 2

It has been so long since I played the original that it is a completely different game now but I will probably grab this especially since they are continuing to add more PvE options

On 11/1/2019 at 9:14 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m still looking forward to Death Stranding, buuuuuuuuut... Yeah.

Yeah, I have no idea what this game is about.  I heard in an interview about him referencing the work of Kōbō Abe while discussing the game and Abe has been compared to Franz Kafka.

This doesn't exactly inspire me to buy this game.

And yeah, Kojima is definitely in the same boat as Peter Molyneux.  Those guys need studios to reel in their ambitions so that games don't take decades to develop.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I have no idea what this game is about.  I heard in an interview about him referencing the work of Kōbō Abe while discussing the game and Abe has been compared to Franz Kafka.

This doesn't exactly inspire me to buy this game.

And yeah, Kojima is definitely in the same boat as Peter Molyneux.  Those guys need studios to reel in their ambitions so that games don't take decades to develop.

From what I can gather from a few reviews I read, it's the ultimate fetch quest game. You basically play a futuristic delivery man where your deliveries help connect people to this internet thing. And that's all you do. You're just always taking shit from point a to point b, even things like delivering a pizza, but the added twist is that there's combat along the way and also you control your movement almost like QWOP where you have to use your triggers to control your steps and your analog stick to control your balance.

Oh, and some kind of bomb went off that caused people to not drift to the afterlife when they died and so they exist as weird goo ghosts that can drag you down. And there's time rain called "timefall."

It honestly all sounds like a total cumbersome mess of a game, but I've seen some people really heap praise on it while simultaneously shitting on the "game" part of the game. To me, this is like Radiohead's Kid A of video games.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Craig H said:

To me, this is like Radiohead's Kid A of video games.

That makes it sound like a good game but your long explanation makes it sound like a horrible game.

Perhaps if you said it was the Lars Von Trier's Antichrist of video games.

Edited by J.T.