DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

Have there been any reviews on the Outer Worlds yet? It's officially a month away from release, and I'm curious if I should even bother getting it.

Or is it going to be put straight on Game Pass like Gears 5, since Obsidian is owned by Microsoft?

This was a couple days ago:

IGN seems to be getting a lot of exclusive content lately, which is why you may not have heard anything more about the game in other places. Other than that, everything I've seen of it looks excellent. It gets down to what Fallout style games should be without all of the bullshit of maintaining a colony, trade routes, etc. I hated that shit in FO4. Plus, a lot of the folks from New Vegas and the original FO worked on this.

I'm excited, but cautiously optimistic. It's the game I'm looking forward to the most.

Actually, my biggest concern is how all of the companion stuff works. So many games get this wrong and it winds up being a mess. 

Edited by Craig H

Yeah if it's more New Vegas than 4, then I'm in. I liked 4, and wasted hours building colonies and shit, but yeah it's not what I wanted in another Fallout game. Funnily enough, I'm actually about to buy the steelbook edition of 4, and the re-released Xbox One versions of 3 and New Vegas. Because I'm a psychopath and love Fallout way too much.

This week is a packed week for releases. In addition to Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Ghostbusters Remastered, which came out on Friday, you have Aeternoblade II, The Alliance Alive HD Remastered, Concrete Genie, Frostpunk: Console Edition, Indivisible, A Knight's Tale, Mistover, Spirit Hunter: NG, and Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Like 1

Kickstarter video games are kind of lame but a game like Gang Beasts with weapons and more importantly CTHULHU is getting backed regardless. Looks like a blast, love the aesthetic, can do a combination of couch and online play and it offers cross platform play. Fuck yeah, baby. 

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 has been delayed to some time in late 2020 (it was originally early 2020). Paradox acknowledged that they want to make sure the avoid the issues that plagued the first game.

And in the hopes that you don't hate them - they announced Crusader Kings III

Giant Bomb has a quick look up for The Outer Worlds. Again, because this always seems to come up, "quick look" is one part a joke because the videos are at least an hour and another part a quick look at what is an hours long game.

Anyway, it seriously looks great. I couldn't be more excited.

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 has been delayed to some time in late 2020 (it was originally early 2020). Paradox acknowledged that they want to make sure the avoid the issues that plagued the first game.

And in the hopes that you don't hate them - they announced Crusader Kings III

So I'll put final over/under on DLC packs at 45, with a total cost of $3624.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Giant Bomb has a quick look up for The Outer Worlds. Again, because this always seems to come up, "quick look" is one part a joke because the videos are at least an hour and another part a quick look at what is an hours long game.

Anyway, it seriously looks great. I couldn't be more excited.

With Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel III, COD Modern Warfare, Medieval and that, this is going to be an expensive week.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:54 PM, assfax said:

DOOM delayed 'til march 2020.  FUCK YOU

I would welcome a delayed DOOM if that means it won't be a buggy piece of shit on release day.

I'm sure Bioware would've loved a reasonable development schedule for Anthem right about now.

Edited by J.T.