DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

After viewing more of Kasia Redesiuk's biohack concept art for Cyberpunk 2077

b8hwy3ce1t331.jpg

my sole regret is that I can only install one copy of the game on the HDD of my Xbox One.

That is so gloriously subversive just like the genre is supposed to be.   Somewhere in the ether, William Gibson nods in approval.

Edited by J.T.

Yakuza Remastered Collection coming to PS4 Feb 11 2020. That's all seven games (Zero to Six) in one box, with content that was deleted from the Western versions of earlier releases restored. And it appears to be the same price as one regular game would be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

On Amazon I only saw it including 3, 4, & 5.

edit: Is this the first collection I'm seeing and the new one coming out in Feb has all of em?

The collection in February is just Yakuza 3/4/5. It's rumored that Yakuza: Dead Souls is coming to PS4 at some point.

There's a big brouhaha over the change in Yakuza 7 being a turn based RPG....the footage from April Fools' Day is actual gameplay footage now. Crazy.

I got a stadia founder's kit.  There is a VERY strong chance I'll regret it; I don't like the idea of spending $60 for a new game stored on a remote server, but I made my peace with subscription-based access to older games when Gametap announced they were resurrecting Sam and Max with someone called Telltale.  So if the subscription service is good I'll keep it up, and if it sucks then oh well, I'm only out the price of one AAA game since I'd wanted a 4k Chromecast anyway (MSRP $70). 

I got the Founders Edition months ago.

Here's my line of reasoning for getting it...

You get what looks like a very good video game controller that you'll be able to use on the PC ($50 or $60 right there), and a Chromecast Ultra ($70), which I don't have yet. On top of that, you get Destiny and 3 months free of their pro service. The thing basically pays for itself and if it works and is good I'll keep it going and if not, I have a new controller and a Chromecast so I can finally stop using fucked up ways to watch NJPW World.

Neil Druckmann sez: " We began working on this game over five years ago. It’s hard to describe the immense pressure of following up the first game. We know how much you love this world and its characters — especially Ellie and Joel. Believe me, we’re fans as well. We love them. Which is why we spent years crafting a game that we feel will do them justice, telling a nuanced story that deals with the core question: how far would you go to exact justice against the people that hurt the ones you love? It’s a highly emotional story with complex themes that befit the world of The Last of Us. What we realized pretty early on is that we were putting together Naughty Dog’s most ambitious and longest game in our 35 year history. To tell this kind of story the game needed to be massive. Without spoiling too much, at the top of this post you can watch the brand-new trailer that we debuted earlier today on State of Play, which just scratches the surface of what the game has in store."

I sez: "noooooooooooooooooooo"

(context: i got a copy of TLoU remastered when I got a PS4, I convinced a friend to play it while I watched, we HATED it, and when the sequel was announced the make-good we decided on was that if he pays for it, I will play this one. so it being The Longest Naughty Dog Ever feels like cosmic punishment.)

• Haha 1

Do you really want Joel to die offscreen when it means nothing? Or do you want to watch him die at the point in the storyline where it means something?

17 hours ago, Raziel said:

Last of Us 2 has a date, 2.21.20, and Joel not being dead kills my interest in playing it.

It’s either cliched “hero from first game died between the original story”, or dies in the sequel.

Regardless, a Last of Us 2 was always ill-advised. In fact even the creators weren’t 100% behind this becoming a franchise. I’ll still get it because of the special tec they’ll jamb into this to pump up the graphics.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs