UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

• RIPPA locked this topic
  • RIPPA unlocked this topic
On 6/3/2019 at 9:28 PM, RIPPA said:

Shenmue III has been delayed... again

I can sense all of your shocked faces

New release date is 11/19/19

Apparently it's also an Epic Games exclusive now, too - so, that's got to be a joy for everyone who funded the Kickstarter: "Fuck you, we're not putting this on Steam like we said we would, so if you want it at all, we're going to fuck you in the ass with spyware.  Eat shit and die."

• Haha 1

Mini Turbo coming.  6 games announced inc. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, Ys 1/2, Alien Crush, and 3 games nobody cares about (China Warrior, Bonk's Adventure and Super Star Soldier).  There is a 99 percent chance I buy this shit, but what I really want is to have Battle Loderunner and various Namco and Sega ports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Mini Turbo coming.  6 games announced inc. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, Ys 1/2, Alien Crush, and 3 games nobody cares about (China Warrior, Bonk's Adventure and Super Star Soldier).  There is a 99 percent chance I buy this shit, but what I really want is to have Battle Loderunner and various Namco and Sega ports.

Wait, what? Super Star Solider is an impossible-not-to-dig popcorn shmup. Ridiculous powerups. Bonk, also, is a series I never got to know and would like to.

Also, to anybody who doesn't know the system's lineup - Ys I & II are essential to anyone who ever enjoyed old action RPGs, Zeldas, JRPGs, whatever. I nabbed the Virtual Console version of it the day the Wii shut down the downloads and it (+ a lucky draw of Ys Origins on a LRG blind box sale) launched me on a path to play all the Ys games I could get my hands on. It is a series that has kept on giving. Video Game Shit distilled down to its essence. Basic-ass plots, incredibly ripping soundtracks (same guy who did Streets of Rage, ActRaiser, Etrian Odyssey and a whole bunch of other great sutff). kill-the-bad-guys-and-get-stronger gameplay , and some serious boss fights. The series has been one of my main distractions over the last year or so. The originals might take some work and some peeks at a guide, but I thought they were top shelf stuff.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

I'm getting it because I always wanted one as a kid - I did have a Genesis AND a SNES, so I was not wanting for consoles, and I would have never dared ask my parents to shell out any more money for another console.

Also, I want all the Bonk and Adventure Island games. Give them all to me. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Needs more Splatterhouse.

9 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Any update on when Kentucky Route Zero is coming to PS4? I could've sworn it was supposed to be out last year

Updates on that game are like unicorn sightings, man. I want act 5 to finally come out so bad just to see how that weird fucking game ends.

Watched  some of the E3 trailers.  I want dismiss Bleeding Edge, but it's going to be a day 1 buy for me regardless.  Because I dig Ninja Theory so, so much.

Hellblade and Enslaved are two of my favorite games.  And Heavenly Sword and DmC aren't too far down the list.

So all those good games announced were just for the PC Engine Mini.  The one we'll probably have to import and then have all the games be in Japanese.

The TG16 mini has:

• R-Type
  • New Adventure Island
  • Ninja Spirit
  • Ys Book I & II
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • Alien Crush

SO NO FUCKING RONDO OF BLOOD.  EAT SHIT KONAMI.

R Type is pretty good on TG16 though.  I don't remember what Dungeon Explorer is.  Ninja Spirit is kind of janky IIRC but it had really cool looking bosses.  Alien Crush is pinball but not the cool Devil's Crush satanic pinball that came after it.  That game was metal as fuck.

Edited by Tromatagon

As much as I want to get the Dungeons & Dragons titles that are coming out later in the year from Skybound, I can't justify the $50 price tags.

A $59.99 collection with them all would have been more palatable.

And for those not in the know the titles are Baldur's Gate I & II, Planescape Torment & Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights.

All are enhanced editions. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

So all those good games announced were just for the PC Engine Mini.  The one we'll probably have to import and then have all the games be in Japanese.

The TG16 mini has:

• R-Type
  • New Adventure Island
  • Ninja Spirit
  • Ys Book I & II
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • Alien Crush

R Type is pretty good on TG16 though.  I don't remember what Dungeon Explorer is.  Ninja Spirit is kind of janky IIRC but it had really cool looking bosses.  Alien Crush is pinball but not the cool Devil's Crush satanic pinball that came after it.  That game was metal as fuck.

Rondo was PC Engine CD.  That and yeah, Konami just put the PCECD Rondo out on PS4 and I think on that Switch Castlevania Collection and of course they're not gonna let it out on the PC Engine Mini

3 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

It's already announced for the PC Engine Mini.  It's not announced for the TG16 Mini.

That makes sense since it never came out in the states.

16 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

The TG16 mini has:

• R-Type
  • New Adventure Island
  • Ninja Spirit
  • Ys Book I & II
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • Alien Crush

Dungeon Explorer is pretty good.  Basically a Gauntlet clone but a little deeper and more character options.  Really great soundtrack.

Ninja Spirit is really fun, it's one of my favorite TG16 games.  It gets nuts when you have you character fully powered up with multiple ghosts and weapons.

I really like Alien Crush, even though it's not as good as Devil's Crush.  I like the Giger-esque design and the soundtrack is another good one.

I'm sure this is going to be as easy to mod as other minis, so you'll be able to throw on whatever games you want.

13 hours ago, Tabe said:

Shenmue 3 has been announced as a one year exclusive for the Epic Store. Lots of upset people because of that. 

Boy, am I glad I didn't back the game at all, because this is utter bullshit.  I get console exclusives, but PC Distribution platform exclusives are utter fucking bullshit.  Fuck Epic Games for ever starting that shit.  

I don't have any problem with games that are just announced and are on a store (IE Borderlands 3), but as a Phoenix Point backer I think there's a significant difference when you crowdfund your game under the premise of giving people platform choice then go "lol we changed our mind we got that Fork Knife money". I have no idea if Shemue 3 promised steam keys but man, this kind of rug pull is a bad look for Epic.

If you're opposed to all store exclusives everywhere, go refund Portal I guess. Never touch Blizzard. Don't play any Ubisoft or EA game ever. The idea Epic started PC store exclusives is such a ridiculous myth it's not even worth debunking.

9 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I don't have any problem with games that are just announced and are on a store (IE Borderlands 3), but as a Phoenix Point backer I think there's a significant difference when you crowdfund your game under the premise of giving people platform choice then go "lol we changed our mind we got that Fork Knife money". I have no idea if Shemue 3 promised steam keys but man, this kind of rug pull is a bad look for Epic.

If you're opposed to all store exclusives everywhere, go refund Portal I guess. Never touch Blizzard. Don't play any Ubisoft or EA game ever. The idea Epic started PC store exclusives is such a ridiculous myth it's not even worth debunking.

My overreaction aside, there's a difference between EA, Ubi, Valve, and Blizz doing their own stuff on their own platforms (although you can cross buy the EA and Ubi stuff on Steam.  Those 4 also aren't loading (obivious) spyware onto your machine the way Epic Launcher is.  

And yeah, the Shemue 3 people were promised Steam keys for the PC version and got rug pulled.  It's been pretty much a trend with Epic going after devs on Kickstarter and throwing that sweet Fortnite money at them to reneg on the Steam Keys in favor of sitting on Epic store for a year.  I'd have less of an issue if Epic was only locking their games to their store (like the previously mentioned 4 publishers with their own stores) and not using their store to boost ad revenue and hope people possibly give their shitty FPS Whaling ship a run.