DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, SirFozzie said:

All the Infinity Engine Enhanced Edition games (Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Planescape, IWD, Neverwinter Nights) are coming to consoles.

Since I'm getting into playing D&D again, do the Baldurs Gate games play like D&D?

1 hour ago, SirFozzie said:

All the Infinity Engine Enhanced Edition games (Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Planescape, IWD, Neverwinter Nights) are coming to consoles.

Oh good, I can get six hours into them, not have time to play for a week and give up all over again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Since I'm getting into playing D&D again, do the Baldurs Gate games play like D&D?

Kind of? Both the Baldur's games and Pillars of Eternity games use real-time with pause mechanics so you're not going to get strict turn-based combat. 

I can't imagine going back to the menus and UI from Baldur's Gate. PoE ain't no great shakes but it's tolerable for the most part. And for $50 USD for two games? Fuck naw. I'm good. I'll stick with PoE and the sequel then give Divinity a shot. By that point, we'll probably be nearing the release of the new Baldur's Gate.

On that front, I've been revisiting Pathfinder: Kingmaker, and although the bugs are basically gone and the loading time issues that were horrific at launch are fixed, the combat encounter balancing in that game remains an honestly pathetic joke. People defending that game as some sort of gold standard are absolutely nuts. If I could refund a game after 99 hours of play (I've still never seen the second half of the main campaign, btw), I would.

The Enhanced Edition is coming out soon, along with the roguelike dungeon DLC. A bunch of people are going to bite on it. Don't be one of them. They've made the core mistake of repeatedly quizzing their most hardcore fans about what changes are needed and if you've spent any time around gaming you should be able to guess how that's going.

• Like 1

Final 12 games for Sega Genesis mini.

Tetris (new port)
Darius (new port)
Road Rash II
Strider
Virtua Fighter 2
Alisia Dragoon
Columns
Dynamite Headdy
Kid Chameleon
Monster World IV
Light Crusader
Eternal Champions

Edited by D.Z

12 hours ago, D.Z said:

Final 12 games for Sega Genesis mini.

Tetris (new port)
Darius (new port)
Road Rash II
Strider
Virtua Fighter 2
Alisia Dragoon
Columns
Dynamite Headdy
Kid Chameleon
Monster World IV
Light Crusader
Eternal Champions

It's overall a pretty good selection of games, though why Sega keeps insisting on putting stuff like Virtua Fighter 2 on every Genesis collection is beyond me.  Also in Japan they are releasing (non-working) Sega CD and 32X add-ons.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

It's overall a pretty good selection of games, though why Sega keeps insisting on putting stuff like Virtua Fighter 2 on every Genesis collection is beyond me.  Also in Japan they are releasing (non-working) Sega CD and 32X add-ons.

my "like" was for the 32x add-on. had to google it. that's pretty rad.

I hope none of the voice actors do any weed between now and the 25th.

The digital preorder bonus is actually being able to play it the 21st instead, but the launch physical editions get a big Ryu Ga Gotuko Studios sticker.  Not one that says HOLY SHITBALLS this time, sadly.

• Like 1

It comes out the same day as Samurai Shodown. ? While I want to play both, I'll probably wait for a sale as I have too much shit to play as is.

edit:

Edited by Oyaji

Few things jump the queue in my tyrannical backlog - Judgement might just do it. Although as a Yakuza lifer, I cringe at the mere though of these people speaking English. I happily play my JRPGs with the cheesy dubs, but Kamurocho seems like holy ground. Speaking of which... man, I don't know how many times I can play a game that uses that map. Judgement gets one free pass since it's a more-or-less new thing, but I don't want to reach the day where finding the big traffic cone on Nakamichi Street stops being fun.