DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

On 3/23/2019 at 1:28 AM, assfax said:

No regular ass NES Contra 1 that everybody actually remembers.

Something is up with that. It has never been released digitally and is prominent on Famiclone systems. What makes that unusual is these systems usually have a cut off of 85 or 86.

I started playing Megaman 11 and have nearly finished it. I would have been content if it was as good as 10. Instead it is one of the best Megaman games period. Great robot masters, weapons are all useful and the level layout is good. The double gear system is a revelation. Like finding something you had no idea was missing. The story mode was pretty good. Which has never been a strong point in the series. It provides stakes and character without overwhelming the game.

Maybe Inafune was the problem.

8 hours ago, D.Z said:

Intellivision Amico will have Intellivision, Atari 2600, Imagic games remade. Irem and Data East and more as well.

List of games below in link.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/intellivision-reveals-initial-details-for-the-upcoming-amico-home-video-game-console-300734998.html

On first look I thought the controllers looked like old school Ipods.  But reading more about it and what they're promising I'm fully on board with this.

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

On first look I thought the controllers looked like old school Ipods.  But reading more about it and what they're promising I'm fully on board with this.

Considering how much my kids are burning out my Raspberry Pie on playing some of those old games, this is right up their alley.

• Like 1

I feel like I'm still waiting for it to not look like fucking shit graphically

?

Hand drawn is my jam.  SOTN is my favorite game of all time.  Even with the changes the design choices are actively turning me away when I know the gameplay will be great.

Edited by Tromatagon

tumblr_ny4jzaQ8Gg1qd4q8ao1_500.jpg

and PSM #2 are hallowed tomes of great repute in my household to this day.

From  the first screenshots, Bloodstained has looked like some PSP turd game even though the lineage is there.  Still going to play it.

Me: I will never play Pathfinder: Kingmaker again because it was an absolute giant clusterfuck at launch.

Also Me: The third DLC will add an endless procedurally generated dungeon, which you can apparently play without even touching the main campaign. I will probably think about buying it.

(Part of my brain knows it will also almost certainly be busted as hell for like 4 months.)

Man, I wish they'd do one where they thought outside the box and you were actual ghosts.  Like they could find out that it's a lot easier to scare people if you have guns in their face instead of just popping out and saying boo or possessing their coffee maker and making it drip blood, but you could still do all of those things, and shoot them.

Like Ghost Recon starring Polterguy

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

(This is a sequel to Wildlands)

That whole trailer I was wondering if that was Jon Bernthal's voice. Nice to get that confirmation when they showed the character.