DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

Also Borderlands 1 has been remastered. High-res graphics, tougher final boss battle, BL2 style mini map, gold chests, heads and skins for character customization and all DLC. 

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:49 PM, assfax said:

Somebody loves 1991 Sunsoft and Natsume.

Holy fuck!  It's the sequel to the Strider RPG that I never got when I owned a NES!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Holy fuck!  It's the sequel to the Strider RPG that I never got when I owned a NES!

That game is such a wonderful mess, my brother and I probably beat it a dozen times each.  Going back to it now is difficult, though.

On 3/29/2019 at 11:29 PM, D.Z said:

jkhixkixvunxgm1haepb.jpg

Sega said that M2, the developer behind Sega Ages, is creating the software for the device.

clzkgxn8oxeu5qd93y92.jpg

I can get behind this. I loved Sega Ages until I had to sell it off. 

I'd love to see a Saturn classic since a lot of those games go for unbelievable prices but that's never going to happen.

Played some more Mortal Kombat 11 this weekend, as they had the closed beta for preorders.  I hadn't preordered yet, but they still let you in if you did the online stress test a couple weeks ago, and I was in that.  That one only had three characters - Baraka, Scorpion, and Skarlet.  This upped it to 5 by adding Kabal and Jade, and allowed you to play a single player tower against AI in addition to playing online.

Few notes:

1) Every time I played online, my opponent picked Scorpion.  Kind of annoying.

2) I think Baraka is my clear-cut favorite of the five offered.  He was my main back in MK2.

3) Kabal and Jade are really fun characters, though.  Kabal used to be my main in MK3, and he plays a lot different depending on which variation you pick, but he actually has good fatalities this time.

4)  If they keep it the same, you're going to get the uppercut brutality CONSTANTLY.  I think it's a random percent or maybe a crushing blow that triggers it, but I was popping heads off almost every time I ended the match with an uppercut.

5) Customizations are pretty cool looking.  It's probably going to be an insane amount of shit like Injustice 2, but all the designs were pretty cool looking and it's not like Injustice where stats are tied to the gear (they have augmentation slots that weren't used in the beta).  You basically change 3 things per character equipment wise and a skin - so no having to find arms, legs, torso, and head for a certain look.  So for example, you could change Scorpion's face mask, his spear, his sword, and then a skin would change his colors AND his costume itself.  You can mix and match stuff too - like Jade and Kabal having skins that made them not Revenants

5 hours ago, John Austin said:

I can get behind this. I loved Sega Ages until I had to sell it off. 

I'd love to see a Saturn classic since a lot of those games go for unbelievable prices but that's never going to happen.

Sega Saturn games would have to be rebuilt but of course using the same assets.  SEGA did express interest in reviving those games last year, but nothing has happened yet.

On 4/1/2019 at 4:01 PM, Raziel said:

Nintendo had a bit of an inspired April Fool's joke today with a bonus Direct that started looking legit enough then ramped it up at the end.

I went to the eshop to look for the first 2 in the Direct but was disappointed. Nintendo seriously needs to just do it. I wanted Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker HD on the Switch.

So.. today saw the announcement of the new Paranoia RPG COMPUTER Game. 

From the description it sounds like it is like X-Com combined with Final Fantasy Tactics (where if you break the rules, the Judge is the Computer, and may terminate you.).. and where your team has reasons to turn on each other at a moment's notice. This may make you unhappy. Unfortunately, as the game title says: HAPPINESS IS MANDATORY:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/858030/Paranoia_Happiness_is_Mandatory/

World War Z

I think we are playing a little loose and fast with the definition of "hit" when talking about the movie Mr. Trailer Voiceover man

On 4/5/2019 at 10:36 AM, RIPPA said:

World War Z

I think we are playing a little loose and fast with the definition of "hit" when talking about the movie Mr. Trailer Voiceover man

It did $540 million at the box office. That's a hit, I would say. 

On 4/13/2019 at 5:11 PM, christopher.annino said:

Third person action adventure Star Wars, yes please. 

I get a major kick out of an EA game running with the theme of "Trust No One" in the trailer.

• Like 1