DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

Also Kano looks like Austin Aries long lost identical twin.

So as soon as you beat Kano, he no sells the Fatality, flips off the screen, and becomes unselectable?

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:28 AM, El Dragon said:

Cassie Cage (and Kano) reveal trailer.

Also Kano looks like Austin Aries long lost identical twin.

So you're saying that Kano's a foot shorter than Cassie Cage?

Phoenix Point, the Legally Distinct X-Com game by The X-Com Guy, decided to pull the rug out from under a lot of their backers today with an announcement they are going exclusively with the Epic Store for the first year, despite specifically selling backers on their choice of a Steam or GOG key.

Considering the last backer build literally wouldn't load for some of us, to now hook up with what is definitively the worst major launcher in the current business does not exactly fill me with hope for the future.

The reaction has generally been exactly what you expect.

I'd like it if game companies stopped playing video games long enough to make the video games they said they would.

I'm still waiting on the System Shock reboot/remake/re-findmoreexcusestofleecepeopleoncrowdfundedplatforms to actually be a real thing, instead of a waste of $30.

I mean, I am generally fine with "the risks of backing things that don't yet exist", I have backed several kickstarter games, but I have no idea what Epic can be offering them to possibly make pissing off such a high % of their backers worthwhile. A larger cut of nothing is still nothing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

On a much brighter note:

FUCKING FINALLY IF BORDERLANDS 3 IS BAD I AM GOING TO BE VERY UPSET ONLINE

FUCKING YES!!!!

This is where I insert my Homer Simpson excited dance gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The most frustrating thing about Pre-Sequel is that for as dull as the moon parts are in the main game, Claptastic Voyage (which was done by the main team and not a sub studio) is probably the best DLC for any Borderlands game, and you sit there wondering what if.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Contentious C said:

I'd like it if game companies stopped playing video games long enough to make the video games they said they would.

I'm still waiting on the System Shock reboot/remake/re-findmoreexcusestofleecepeopleoncrowdfundedplatforms to actually be a real thing, instead of a waste of $30.

I think by now it's clear that while Night Dive were excellent at untangling fucked up chains of custody for games from dead studios, it was pure hubris for them to think they could actually make a game.

Thinking on it more, my biggest problem with 2 was that it came out right when other huge games came out, I think. I want to say Skyrim came out right at that same time? It was one of those things where I couldn't play everything all at once. 

I cannot be friends with anyone that did not like Borderlands 2.

Borderlands 3 may be the game that tears me away from Destiny 2.

Edited by J.T.

Shut up, everyone!  Shut up, Lutz!

Dwarf Fortress is getting a Steam release with an updated tileset and new music.  The free version will continue to exist and get updates alongside the premium version.

I feel like I kind of have to buy it since I've put roughly a million hours in DF and paid $0 for it.

21 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I mean, I am generally fine with "the risks of backing things that don't yet exist", I have backed several kickstarter games, but I have no idea what Epic can be offering them to possibly make pissing off such a high % of their backers worthwhile. A larger cut of nothing is still nothing.

I mean, they already have the backers' money so there's no real downside to pissing them off.

Turtle Rock and WB Games have announced that they will be making a spiritual successor to Left 4 Dead called Back 4 Blood

It will - obviously - be a co-op zombie FPS

Not timeline for release and really the only other things that can be gleamed from their own release is

- not Left 4 Dead 3

- will not be a Battle Royal game

- they are saying it will be a "premium, AAA game"

If you're going to make a game called Back 4 Blood make it a vampire game you cowards

Everyone is afraid to try and step outside the zombie crutch that exists in horror gaming

I know Vampyre was dogshit, I know, but what about a game where we kill them and complain about motherfuckers always trying to ski uphill?

COME AHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN