DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

We're going to have to get a Switch at some point, aren't we? We've gotten a ton of mileage out of the Wii U that we got towards the end of its lifecycle, but yeah. The 6 year old is so into Lego Marvel/Avengers right now that she ended up with Marvel Rising valentines for her class, wants a Hulk cake for her birthday in June and is vehement about being Spider-Man (not Gwen or Girl or anything else) for Halloween. 

Everything about Link's Awakening is about the cutest thing I've ever seen in a video game.

Also another sign of how old I'm getting. I honestly can't remember if I had this on the Gameboy or not. I feel like I did, but damn, I just can't remember for sure if I did.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

You too can experience the thing Zelda games were always missing, un-repariable weapon durability

I played through all of the main campaign and now I'm helping my daughter with some of the tougher parts. Unlike me, she managed to find all of the memories and now she's making her way through the expansion pass content before moving on to Ganon. So it's clear we both love the game, but the weapons system and not being able to repair weapons is the dumbest and most anti-fun thing to happen to any video game. It's as bad as constantly being overencumbered in Skyrum or Fallout. Shit, I would take encumberance over unrepairable weapons.

I didn't have a huge problem with the weapon durability, but I also bought a set of bootleg amiibo cards that helped me cheese my way through the early game.  By the time I got the master sword the game was throwing so many weapons at me that inventory space was a bigger issue.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I think I've seen enough videos of Anthem to know I'll never play it.

That trailer is pretty fucking sweet, I'll admit.

For principle's sake, Bioware has a better chance of me going to see a Neil Bloomkamp feature length Anthem movie than they do of me ever playing that stupid fucking game.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:04 PM, Craig H said:

It's as bad as constantly being overencumbered in Skyrum or Fallout. Shit, I would take encumberance over unrepairable weapons.

I wouldn't. 

Nothing in Fallout 3 was worse than dragging a thousand sets of Enclave power armor back to the Brotherhood of Steel's base to get the Medic Power Armor back to full durability or having to pass up grabbing more grenades or landmines to reverse pickpocket on people for fear of having my Sneak ability fucked by being encumbered.

At least in Skyrim, my Khajiit could brew Potions of Strength to temporarily increase his carrying capacity (and practice Alchemy) and then teleport back to a trading area to sell all of the heavy shit I looted from some poor group of bandits.

I could never pass up on grabbing as many wooly mammoth tusks as I could in one run.

• Haha 1

Over-encumbered only sucked for me during that last part of Dead Money in NV. I was taking that damn gold after all the previous bs. Otherwise I mainly did the sensible thing and didn't pick up every damn thing. At least until Fallout 4 where scrapping for weapons, armor, and building material became a thing. Then I learned to love strong back (the perk Robert C mentioned).