DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

It is taking a long time to process my venom.  It still infuriates me that the plot that should've gone into DLC was licensed to make a novel.

A FUCKING NOVEL~!

So here is the thing. The novel was already planned before the DLC. From what I understand it does not really cover whatever would have happened in the DLC at all though it is the explanation for why the ark was going to arrive late. Whatever we would have gotten for DLC would have been something else that we will never know about short of a developer going rogue and revealing the plans. The novel actually sounds fun since it has detective vibes and Elcors and Batarians in lead roles to go along with the obvious Quarian lead.

Havoc is super pumped for Anthem. Which pretty much means I'm playing it when it comes out. We're putting the band back together.

I'm playing the Anthem demo right now, and it's worse than I ever imagined. Controls are terrible and barely even responsive. It feels like they took Andromeda pushed it down a long, steep set of stairs. 

The Fort Tarsis hub is bad. It's got terrible navigation, first person for some reason, and you have these weird non-side quests. They're like side quests from previous BioWare games but they've been severely stripped and dumbed down. 

The combat just feels like they took what they built for Andromeda and vomited all over it. The game barely even feels functional, and I have no idea how they will have a finished product ready to go in less than three weeks. 

Fuck Anthem, and fuck BioWare. They aren't blameless here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Capcom has put out a lot of compilations over the years. Multiple Mega Man comps have been put out. Why is it Konami has never put out a Castlevania collection? I know they recently released a two pack of Rondo Of Blood and Symphony Of The Night. But never a collection of the NES and SNES games. It seems a bit odd. 

BTW, the Genesis Collection is great. Got it for thirty bucks and almost every game is a classic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm playing the Anthem demo right now, and it's worse than I ever imagined. Controls are terrible and barely even responsive. It feels like they took Andromeda pushed it down a long, steep set of stairs. 

The Fort Tarsis hub is bad. It's got terrible navigation, first person for some reason, and you have these weird non-side quests. They're like side quests from previous BioWare games but they've been severely stripped and dumbed down. 

The combat just feels like they took what they built for Andromeda and vomited all over it. The game barely even feels functional, and I have no idea how they will have a finished product ready to go in less than three weeks. 

Fuck Anthem, and fuck BioWare. They aren't blameless here. 

It looks like I might be going on that Last Wish raid after all!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, AxB said:

Played the Anthem demo a bit. No connectivity issues. A few teammates are idiots issues. What would make you think that a giant walking tank might be vulnerable to melee damage?

Maybe because he was playing an Interceptor and their bread and butter is chaining melee attacks for bonus damage?

45 minutes ago, AxB said:

He wasn't playing an Interceptor. He was black and yellow default ranger.

The Ranger has an AoE melee attack that primes targets for detonation from other Javelin attacks. 

The Ranger also has the only primer melee attack in the game as far as I can tell from the game play demos.

The guy running the Ranger probably wasn't using his Javelin to it's best effect, but it's not like there was zero logic as to why he was using melee attacks on the tank.  

Perhaps he was trying to self-detonate his own primers as you would in Mass Effect?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AxB said:

I'm pretty sure he just didn't know what he was doing and just rushed the largest available target because he's an idiot.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah you aren't gonna sell JT on it by bringing up the Batarians

To be fair I was less trying to sell him on the novel, and more just mentioning that the novel isn't at fault for the DLC or holding whatever the DLC would have had done.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Victator said:

Capcom has put out a lot of compilations over the years. Multiple Mega Man comps have been put out. Why is it Konami has never put out a Castlevania collection? I know they recently released a two pack of Rondo Of Blood and Symphony Of The Night. But never a collection of the NES and SNES games. It seems a bit odd. 

BTW, the Genesis Collection is great. Got it for thirty bucks and almost every game is a classic.

Because Konami hates it's consumer base, and hates video games.  I'm not even sure how the fuck we got the Rondo Two pack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How the hell there hasn't been a cash-in full remaster of Symphony of the Night is absolutely beyond me. Like, jesus christ, from Hollow Knight to Salt and Sanctuary to a dozen other games, we flat out know there's a huge market for that stuff. It's free profit. Final Fantasy VII will make insane bank. Resident Evil 2 has blown RE 7 sales away. SoTN with updated looks would be freeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 2

Ultimate Genesis collection on PS3 is ok. The PS2 collection is flawed, lag and weird graphic glitches.

Konami rather use ports and/or emulation of their arcade classics. They did release nes games for gameboy advance.

Played it with ps4 controller.  You can actually fly without crashing into the side of a mountain.  Still just a shooter where bad guys have shields and take 11 seconds to kill.  Also ran out of ammo a lot, but you have unlimited missiles and grenades on cooldown?  weird. The enemies seem as bored as I was.  Travesal seemed lame.  Do I actually need to look around for secrets or are there just going to be laptops sitting around that I hold the B button near?  This is going to be like that Fuse game on PS3 that nobody remembers in the future.

• Like 1

I downloaded the demo for Anthem, but just can't bring myself to actually play it so far. Aside from my general annoyance over the game's development helping to screw over Andromeda, nothing I see in vids actually excites me for it. Like it really should, but the interest just hasn't really grown.

• Like 1

I played the first mission available. Amusing that they give zero guidance on controls outside of “look in your menus”

Clunky is a very good word description 

I will probably play a little today to make sure my irritation is justified 

Oh side tangent - the demo being 23 gigs and taking almost a hour to download was some bullshit

• Like 2