DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2019 & BEYOND)

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh that note - that reminds me

They have already announced that due to feedback from the Alpha - they will be adding a social space to Anthem

That'll be great if anyone can ever log in.

16 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I saw one of the you tubers I follow for RDR had an anthem video but did not want to post it here (or watch it). :)

I definitely think they are trying to create buzz by grabbing folks who normally stream other big games.

I already mentioned that Datto - who is one of the biggest Destiny streamers - doing a couple of Anthem videos because EA flew him (and others) out to play it

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I definitely think they are trying to create buzz by grabbing folks who normally stream other big games.

I already mentioned that Datto - who is one of the biggest Destiny streamers - doing a couple of Anthem videos because EA flew him (and others) out to play it

Yeah, this guy (tag back TV) went out there too.

That's what EA does, they really embrace the 'gaming youtubers are free advertising' philosophy. They had a bunch of youtubers (Minius, Biofan, Andy and Mike of Outside XBox) fly out to play ME:Andromeda as well. And OxBox Jayne got to do Zero-G flight that EA paid for.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, RIPPA said:

Headline on article on my Google homepage just now

”BioWare changing Anthem to be more like Destiny because that’s what players want.”

So if I keep on playing Destiny 2, I will be okay.  Good to know.

Fuck Anthem.

You're going to be really pissed off if people decide they prefer Anthem, and a significant chunk of Destiny's player base makes the jump.

Could happen.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

You're going to be really pissed off if people decide they prefer Anthem, and a significant chunk of Destiny's player base makes the jump.

Could happen.

And maybe I could suddenly spout a third arm growing out of the middle of my back.

D2 Season 6 will start at the beginning of March so I give Anthem about two or three weeks to get a solid fan base wowed before D2 people start grinding new content.

If this past weekend's VIP demo debacle is any indicator of what's to come from Anthem and Bioware, I don't see Bungie fearing for the future of its player base.

11 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

After Bungie shit the bed with Destiny 2, it won't take much to make Anthem better. I have better hopes for Anthem compared to Destiny 3.

Better hopes for Anthem came at the expense of Mass Effect, so Fuck Anthem.

D2 content has been hit or miss since launch.  They knocked it out of the part with Forsaken, but Black Armory doesn't really add much to the mythology of the setting. 

That really doesn't bother me since Destiny is more MMO than RPG and Anthem will probably end up being like that as well, so people that assume that Anthem will be story heavy because Bioware developed it may be in for a rude awakening.

Like SWTOR rude awakening.

• Sad 1

There's very little that could make me be less excited about a game than "more like Destiny".  I happily gave up on that game.  If I was ever tempted to go back, a quick of the Destiny thread was enough to convince me I was done.

I also don't see where this ends well.  If Anthem is a great success, EA might just decide that's the direction to go for Bioware in general.  If it fails grotesquely, who knows what happens to Bioware after two major failures in a row?  I guess the best thing to hope for is a middling result - enough to keep the studio afloat, but not enough to make the execs wet themselves over it.

1 minute ago, Robert C said:

There's very little that could make me be less excited about a game than "more like Destiny".  I happily gave up on that game.  If I was ever tempted to go back, a quick of the Destiny thread was enough to convince me I was done.

I also don't see where this ends well.  If Anthem is a great success, EA might just decide that's the direction to go for Bioware in general.  If it fails grotesquely, who knows what happens to Bioware after two major failures in a row?  I guess the best thing to hope for is a middling result - enough to keep the studio afloat, but not enough to make the execs wet themselves over it.

Bioware has already said that Anthem is the beginning of a ten year plan, so I've already grudgingly accepted that the Mass Effect franchise died with Andromeda and Anthem will become Bioware's WoW if it makes it past launch.  

Which it will because they've thrown too much money into it to let it fail.

Bioware will join the ranks of Blizzard and Bungie and support one tent pole game to the exclusion of any other games or IPs they've created and developed in the past.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Bioware has already said that Anthem is the beginning of a ten year plan, so I've already grudgingly accepted that the Mass Effect franchise died with Andromeda and Anthem will become Bioware's WoW if it makes it past launch.  

Which it will because they've thrown too much money into it to let it fail.

Bioware will join the ranks of Blizzard and Bungie and support one tent pole game to the exclusion of any other games or IPs they've created and developed in the past.

Eh, even with Blizzard's massive fuck up at Blizzcon with Diablo Mobile, they still support SCII and Heroes for the most part, even if the vast majoirty of their resources go toward WoW.  

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Blizzard is doing just fine with WOW AND Overwatch

My biggest irritation with Bioware/EA is the constant WE SWEAR WE ARE STILL WORKING ON DRAGON AGE AND MASS EFFORT!!! NO REALLY!!!

I will still eventually play Anthem because I make dumb choices