DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL Draft - 4/25 - 4/27

Gonzo

Also, Giants fans should not be around loose objects when they read this thread.  

and it only gets better after that...   

Dave Gettleman may not know what he's doing here folks!  

• Haha 1

Is that the same interview where he says Jones might sit for three years? I am not fucking reading it either way

I mean it isn't gonna happen but Gettleman really does fucking like to just say shit that makes him sound dumber and dumber

• Like 2

BTW - I don't remember who I saw it from on Twitter but someone described Jones as looking like "the guy you would cast if you were looking to cast Eli Manning in an Eli biopic"

• Like 1

So per SI - the Cards started calling teams 30 minutes before the draft trying to trade Josh Rosen

However - they were demanding a first round pick and pretty much everyone told them to go fuck themselves.

• Haha 1

All i know is that Dave Gettleman said he was "full-bloom in love" and followed that later with:

"Life's too short. We don't know how this is going to work."

Some things are bigger than the game, Giant's fans.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So per SI - the Cards started calling teams 30 minutes before the draft trying to trade Josh Rosen

However - they were demanding a first round pick and pretty much everyone told them to go fuck themselves.

A thorough, and hearty LOL to them for that idiocy.   They knew damned well they were taking Kyler.  And EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T, they should have been working those phones for weeks and tried to con someone very stupid like Washington for something like a 2.   Now *if* they're lucky, they'll get a 4 or 5 from Miami.  

That's a huge if. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, Giants fans should not be around loose objects when they read this thread.  

and it only gets better after that...   

Dave Gettleman may not know what he's doing here folks!  

Good God, that almost sounds like Gene Smith when he was talking about how Blaine Gabbert caught his eye, hahahaha. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just picture me as a much uglier Mina and this was my reaction

This video from UrinatingTree/Five Points is fantastic. Bonus points for the Derp, Derp, Derpity, Derp...

"He's Dave Brown all over again..."

Edited by cubbymark
  • Like 1

Eh.  A 2 isn't that bad a price for a guy who was taken top 10 last year.   He'll compete for the job, if he's good, then that's settled and they can focus on building around him and Drake.   If he sucks, well, hey, they'll probably have their choice of Tua/Fromm/Hebert next year.   (EDIT -- *or*  Trevor Lawrence in '21)

The more I think about it, the more I like it. 

And besides, it's not like he went to Duke. . . ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Eh.  A 2 isn't that bad a price for a guy who was taken top 10 last year.   He'll compete for the job, if he's good, then that's settled and they can focus on building around him and Drake.   If he sucks, well, hey, they'll probably have their choice of Tua/Fromm/Hebert next year.   

The more I think about it, the more I like it. 

And besides, it's not like he went to Duke. . . ?

I'm pumped honestly. I wanted the Phins to take him last year since he slipped and was upset that they got jumped. It worked out because they snagged Minkah, and it sounds like the front office was never considering Rosen but it's a win-win. Either Arizona was just a dumpster fire and Rosen will show his potential or Phins will be positioned well for the 3 named above.

• Like 1

All this controversy, and here I'd actually trust the Giants are in better shape than DC right now.

We have enough proof to know: Big name college QBs who plummet on Draft Day are probably going to suck in the pros (Aaron Rodgers was literally the only QB who was a surprising plummet on Draft Day who would later go on to make the teams who passed on him live to regret it.)

Just now, SorceressKnight said:

All this controversy, and here I'd actually trust the Giants are in better shape than DC right now.

We have enough proof to know: Big name college QBs who plummet on Draft Day are probably going to suck in the pros (Aaron Rodgers was literally the only QB who was a surprising plummet on Draft Day who would later go on to make the teams who passed on him live to regret it.)

Have you heard of the legend of Darth Plagueis?   He was drafted in the 6th round, 199th overall. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Have you heard of the legend of Darth Plagueis?   He was drafted in the 6th round, 199th overall. 

As one of the few people willing to admit being a Patriots fan here, be fair. Tom Brady never had a chance of going on the first day, let alone the first round of the draft. 

I'm talking about the huge college superstar QBs who everyone says "they HAVE to go high in the draft, look at them" and suddenly they freefall down the draft order, and everyone's in shock- how did THIS GUY not go yet? Don't they see how GOOD he is?

Then, they get drafted, make the NFL, and within a year or two people inevitably find out "Oh. THAT'S why."

• Like 2

I loathe the pick but here’s the thing

A) I hate Haskins too

B) At least I no longer have to hear about how THE GIANTS HAVE TO DRAFT A QB!!!

Gettleman is still a buffoon 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

B) At least I no longer have to hear about how THE GIANTS HAVE TO DRAFT A QB!!!

"The Giants need to draft a better QB."

"The Giants should've drafted Darnold"