DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 1/1

JonnyLaw

Here are the full results. Lack of detail or non-results on a certain match, blame the original guy on Reddit who was posting these. 205 Live spoilers at the very top, so be warned if you want to keep that non-spoiled I guess?

Spoiler

205 Live: Kalista def. Lio Rush / Tozowa def. Gulak to advance to the Rumble fatal four way match

- Fatal five way later tonight to determine who challenges Daniel Bryan at the Royal Rumble. The participants are: Mustafa Ali, AJ Styles, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton and a mystery challenger.

- The New Day come out and announce all of them will be in the Rumble.

- Winner gets added to the Fatal 5 Way match later tonight: Samoa Joe def. Jeff Hardy

- Rusev celebration, ending with a Nakamura sneak attack

- Backstage segment with Vince, Shane & AJ

- Sonya Deville vs. Naomi (not clear on who wins) / Mandy sent Jey Uso a sexy picture or something and it appears on the titantron

- Cena out in the ring, Becky comes out and they do whatever on the mic. She gets a burn in on him about Nikki Bella. Andrade & Zelina come out, shenanigans, and a match is made for right now: Cena/Becky vs Andrade/Zelina.

- Cena & Becky def. Andrade & Zelina (Becky tosses Cena from the ring and gets the pin)

- Miz & Shane segment, where Miz wants Shane to dress like him. What?

- Triple H, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Carmella & Asuka are backstage, and Triple H says he'll decide who faces Asuka at the Rumble "later".

- AJ Styles def. Randy Orton (ate the pin), Mysterio, Ali & Joe

I was amused by Miz's designs for his and Shane's outfits, especially the last one with its obviously photoshopped McMahon bod.  ?

Also, while Cena going all out to put Becky over was cool, he kinda undercut her Nikki Bella line by already making a Nikki Bella joke.

I didn’t read the spoilers and actually watched the show for once (I did skip Raw as usual, though not out of hatred, but because I was busy downing Maker’s neat all night). When they put up the graphic for the 5-man match, my two thoughts were “For fucks sake, Orton better not win.” Followed by, “For fucks sake, Rey better win.” 

I haven’t been a Rey fan in a VERY long time. And by very, I mean pre-Filthy Animals. The idea of him now, not jacked up and actually mobile, facing Bryan had me very interested in this match result. I WANT to see those two in a match now that Dan is a heel.

Low and behold, AJ wins the fucking thing. I was so pissed when the camera cut to him hitting that springboard splash and getting the three. Look, I really enjoyed their match at the last PPV, but I really wanted to see Rey/Bryan. 

Yeah, I’ll still watch their match and yeah, it’ll be really good, but still. 

I was surprised they didn’t try (who knows they’ll probably attempt it) to shoehorn Sonya into this rehash of yet another abysmal seduction angle. Yeah, I know she’s a lesbian, but this is Vince we’re talking about. 

Just now, PetrolCB said:

I was surprised they didn’t try (who knows they’ll probably attempt it) to shoehorn Sonya into yet another rehash of an abysmal seduction angle. Yeah, I know she’s a lesbian, but this is Vince we’re talking about. 

Just wait. The next phase might be her getting jealous that Mandy is after Jimmy. Then they'll bring back their breakup angle that got dropped like two weeks into it.