DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 1/1

JonnyLaw

5 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Isn’t Becky using the stunner on house shows? Straight Fire Stunner has a good ring to it. You could even bring Stone Cold for a confrontation for using it and end up with him endorsing her.

I had that thought too but then wondered if it would take her character from a comparison to a straight up copy.

Maybe after the Cena deal she could use something like the Landslide as her 'better' version of the AA?

12 hours ago, nate said:

The dynamics of a women's heart punch is very intriguing.  Because titties.

Yeah, just to make that believable she has to bring her fist down in a stabbing motion with enough force to break through her breastplate.

On a possible move she can do... Why not a reverse DDT? We don’t see that often as a finisher like it’s counter part, and it’s easy to perform. She can even do the British Falls version(scoop slam into reverse DDT) on liftable opponents from time to time. All they would need to do is the old injury angle after Becky does it for the first time on somebody to get it over instantly. I can’t really think of anything else Becky can do on every woman on the roster, outside of the neck breaker that can stand out, and be simple at the same time like the reverse DDT.

Though she needs to sit down to watch old Johnny Smith matches first. I’ve seen enough reverse DDT’s look bad because the wrestler executing it lands with a back bump, instead of kind of landing on their side like Smith used to do it. When doing the back bump it looks like you’re letting go before you land. When landing on your side it looks like you’re putting all your weight on the opponents neck as you both land on the mat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Random observations from my 68 year old dad who randomly decided to watch this show with me:

"What the hell is wrong with John Cena's hair?"(and proceeded to laugh his ass off at Becky throwing him out of the ring)

"How can Randy Orton lose? He's so damn big!"

"Holy shit, this Ali guy is GREAT."

And then we had to start binge watching 205 live so the old man could see more of Mustafa Ali. You can get the attention of a guy who hasn't given a shit about wrestling since the attitude era, they might be onto something with this Ali kid.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nate said:

You know what I'm surprised I haven't seen, in terms of moves?

I can't describe it well, but let me see if this works: Rude Awakening setup, Diamond Cutter execution.

Curtis Axel’s finisher was like that. But the cutter part looked like Johnny Ace’s Ace Crusher driver(though without spiking the head into the ground) he did once to Shiga when G.E.T. turned on Kobashi.

• Thanks 1

I meant, less like Axel's turn into a Crusher, but ... like, where both the opponent (in the same position as an opponent in a Rude Awakening) and person applying the move take back bumps (like maybe I'm describing a reverse or maybe inverted Diamond Cutter).

2 hours ago, El Dragon said:

That just makes me wish the Rebecca Knox/Daizee Haze ironman match Shimmer was advertising before Becky had to retire happend. Daizee actually used the Heart Punch to set up her finisher.

And Daizee would stiff the heel out of them with it.