DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 1/1

JonnyLaw

37 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Just wait. The next phase might be her getting jealous that Mandy is after Jimmy. Then they'll bring back their breakup angle that got dropped like two weeks into it.

You’re gonna be right, I fear. I was originally gonna ask this; am I so out of the loop that I missed a poorly written reconciliation angle that tied things up? I thought they were done like, a month/month and a half ago?

Or did the think tank suddenly realize, “Oh shit, we actually need teams for our women’s tag titles and we can’t break anyone up and/or keep running the same fucking tag matches every week!” Even though that’s exactly what they’ll do, so we’ll see Sasha/Bayley vs the Riots every goddamn night. Again. For 79 more weeks. That’s the only example I can name because I have no idea what’s going on anymore with the women who aren’t Becky, Ronda, Nattie (kill this Anvil feud) and ...whatever else is happening. 

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

He'll probably cut the hair as soon as the bald spot gets too noticeable. And now I'm thinking of a bald Cena...

I can’t wait until Snickers presents... Great Balls of Bash At The Beach 2020 when he walks out on the company and someone calls him a bald son of a bitch afterwards. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Just wait. The next phase might be her getting jealous that Mandy is after Jimmy. Then they'll bring back their breakup angle that got dropped like two weeks into it.

What breakup angle? So far everything I've seen has just been Mandy taunting Naomi about Jimmy to piss her off. I don't recall seeing any of it actually working as far as Jimmy is concerned.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, he looks like he's got some Nordic runes and "14/88" tattooed on the back. 

Anyway, coincidentally I was gonna drop this off in the photo thread after a friend posted it on Facebook but considering the subject... (dedicated to you of course, Eddie)

49415717_1477636112373231_68587476929111

He's not bald, he's balding.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, I'm talking about Mandy and Sonya. They were splitting until the week of that battle royal Asuka won. They came out that night together and it hasn't been mentioned since.

Oh that one. It was a weird how it was just randomly dropped, but I honestly can't complain because it was a terrible idea in the first place.

I think they dropped the break-up angle once Sonya and Mandy defeated Asuka and Charlotte. And they realized that they were bringing in women's tag belts so it was probably not wise to end an established unit. As cool as it is to see Naomi, Mandy, and Sonya utilized, there had to be a million better feud ideas than "I'll take your man". 

7 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I was surprised they didn’t try (who knows they’ll probably attempt it) to shoehorn Sonya into this rehash of yet another abysmal seduction angle. Yeah, I know she’s a lesbian, but this is Vince we’re talking about. 

Someone get Vince a copy of Wild Things and we'll get our Uso, Mandy, Sonya threesome.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I've only seen the Becky bits and it felt just a little too cheeky maybe, but also it seemed to work. Having Vega try to roll her up after she tossed Cena wasn't the way to go, even if she immediately reversed it. 

What is this nitpickery

31 minutes ago, scatterheart said:

What is this nitpickery

Details matter. It's the difference between Becky tossing Cena out and then dropping Vega before she tries something to get the win (or even with a cower, etc) and Becky being so full of herself that she cares more about tossing Cena than getting the win and almost pays for it. That sort of thing matters over time for perception. 

5 hours ago, Jamal said:

I think they dropped the break-up angle once Sonya and Mandy defeated Asuka and Charlotte. And they realized that they were bringing in women's tag belts so it was probably not wise to end an established unit. As cool as it is to see Naomi, Mandy, and Sonya utilized, there had to be a million better feud ideas than "I'll take your man". 

They may have also noticed they don't have any female heels and they couldn't turn another one face.

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Details matter. It's the difference between Becky tossing Cena out and then dropping Vega before she tries something to get the win (or even with a cower, etc) and Becky being so full of herself that she cares more about tossing Cena than getting the win and almost pays for it. That sort of thing matters over time for perception. 

There's really some cracks in the Becky armor that need to be patched.  She should really change her music, gear and drop some stuff from her move set like the twisting leg drop that doesn't fit anymore.  The probably had the roll up in there to position Vega for the disarmer which highlights its weakness as a finish if she's going to be Becky Badass.  Honestly, and I know this would be the finish of 90% of the roster if I had my way, I think the piledriver would be a great fit.

Calf Branding. 

6 minutes ago, Goodear said:

There's really some cracks in the Becky armor that need to be patched.  She should really change her music, gear and drop some stuff from her move set like the twisting leg drop that doesn't fit anymore.  The probably had the roll up in there to position Vega for the disarmer which highlights its weakness as a finish if she's going to be Becky Badass.  Honestly, and I know this would be the finish of 90% of the roster if I had my way, I think the piledriver would be a great fit.

The answer is calf branding.

Mandy should bring in Goldust to take Jimmy out when he finally turns her down.

I really wanted that pairing to get a good 12 month run together with Mandy as Goldy's new muse/idol and her clearly running the show. The world will never forget the name of Mandy... Rose...

It would be a perfect completion to Goldust's career.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Goodear said:

Needs to get rid of that awful dropkick off the top rope. Yeesh.

How would the women go taking a powerbomb? Becky using a (running) Liger Bomb would be pretty sweet I think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Mandy should bring in Goldust to take Jimmy out when he finally turns her down.

I really wanted that pairing to get a good 12 month run together with Mandy as Goldy's new muse/idol and her clearly running the show. The world will never forget the name of Mandy... Rose...

It would be a perfect completion to Goldust's career.

I hate that the director's chair vignettes after he turned heel 2 years ago went nowhere, but agreed this would've been perfect for it to lead to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Needs to get rid of that awful dropkick off the top rope. Yeesh.

How would the women go taking a powerbomb? Becky using a (running) Liger Bomb would be pretty sweet I think.

That was a thought I had while watching that match: unless she's with someone really good, Becky's moveset can be quite boring and doesn't really match her character now. I like her uranage as a high-impact move, but I don't recall her doing it to anyone other than Charlotte, which might be part of why it looks good.