DVDVR Message Board

RAW SPOILERS (Airing 12/31/18)

RIPPA

Taped 12/28/18 (Spoiler box more for length of C&P than anything)

Spoiler

Main Event: 

- Titus O’Neil defeated Curt Hawkins.

- The Revival defeated Tyler Breeze and Zack Ryder.

Raw:

- Drew McIntyre defeated Dolph Ziggler in a steel cage match

McIntyre destroyed Ziggler, hitting two claymore kicks. He then exited the ring and grabbed a chair. He delivered a third claymore kick between the cage and the chair, then finished Ziggler off with a fourth.

Seth Rollins came out talking about fresh starts. He wanted a rematch against Dean Ambrose for the IC title. Triple H came out and said there are no more automatic title rematches, so instead he will face Bobby Lashley.

- Apollo Crews won a battle royal 

The winner of the battle royal was to face Ambrose for the title later on in the show. Participants included the Lucha House Party, Finn Balor, Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, The B-Team, The Ascension, Titus O'Neil, Baron Corbin, No Way Jose and Mojo Rawley. Crews last eliminated Corbin to win.

Backstage, Nia Jax attacked Natalya. She recovered and said she will be in the Royal Rumble.

Corbin was on the mic after the battle royal, mad that he lost. Elias came out and sang. They wind up brawling through the crowd.

- Bayley, Sasha Banks and Ember Moon defeated the Riott Squad.

- Bobby Lashley defeated Seth Rollins by DQ. 

Seth used a chair on Lashley, leading to the disqualification. He continued attacking Lashley with the chair after the match.

- Jinder Mahal and the Singh Brothers defeated Rhyno and Heath Slater

Rhyno took the pinfall.

- Dean Ambrose defeated Apollo Crews to retain the Intercontinental title.

Alexa Bliss announced that her new talk show, A Moment of Bliss, will debut next week. The first guest will be Ronda Rousey.

- Ronda Rousey and Natalya defeated Nia Jax and Tamina Snuka.

5 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Them inserting "just smash them repeatedly with a chair!" into the end of every match is getting odd, especially when they can't do actual chairshots anymore.

It's the new "Move out of the corner so your opponent can spear into the turnbuckle"

I've always found Nia to be carryable and Tamina bad but passable if used in a limited capacity, however tonight I thought they both looked awful. Maybe some of the other women are able to work around their weaknesses but they're incredibly outclassed by the rest of the roster.

21 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I've always found Nia to be carryable and Tamina bad but passable if used in a limited capacity, however tonight I thought they both looked awful. Maybe some of the other women are able to work around their weaknesses but they're incredibly outclassed by the rest of the roster.

Becky punching Nia backstage should be the blowoff to their issue. I wouldn't even waste Becky in a match with Nia at this point. With all the talent in nxt, Tamina and Nia are the first ones I'd dump. I don't even see either one trying to work anywhere outside WWE.

On a positive note, this was probably the best Apollo has looked since he's been on the main roster. Hopefully, this wasn't just a one-off for him and continues to get more to work with. I mean, if they can keep finding time for Jinder Mahal.

• Like 2

Just now, Black Angel said:

Has Raw always had a crap load of commerical breaks?

Yep that's why you watch it on DVR after it airs. 

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Becky punching Nia backstage should be the blowoff to their issue. I wouldn't even waste Becky in a match with Nia at this point. With all the talent in nxt, Taminia and Nia are the first ones I'd dump. I don't even see either one trying to work anywhere outside WWE.

They both should get dumped but you know Nia won't since the Rock is in her corner thus why she hasn't been release or sent back to NXT yet. 

I think my favourite part of the night was Shane dancing around a very close to corpsing Triple H.  

That or HHH delivering almost the exact same speech Vince gave Styles last week in one of those “Oh c’mon, no one watches BOTH Raw and Smackdown! No one will notice!” moments

• Like 1

I myself try not to hate on Nia and Tamina because 1. I dig and we need some monster women in the division and 2. they probably don't deserve it that bad, but they looked green as goose shit out there last night. 

I would prefer to hate on Ronda but her going out there and being Queen Bitch ("Tag out!") was too fun... and she's too good for being this fresh, of course

On 1/1/2019 at 7:49 AM, Curt McGirt said:

they probably don't deserve it that bad, but they looked green as goose shit out there last night.

Tamina has been on the roster for over 8 years, she deserves everything she gets at this point if she's still looking like that out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CSC said:

Tamina has been on the roster for over 8 years, she deserves everything she gets at this point if she's still looking like that out there.

How much of that time has she actually been active? She has been injured a decent amount of that time. Still, I'm curious why they never sent here to train at the PC for a while.

I feel rather comfortable at this point saying that Tamina simply doesn't have it.  She's shown little if any progress over the years in any area, even in terms of things like speaking or presence.  Over the past couple months she has ended up being out there while Nia has to talk for a bit and not only do they not have enough confidence in her to give her even a couple lines, she basically never reacts to anything that anyone says or does during these stretches.  She just has no instincts for it.

I'd say she's comfortably the worst person on the roster male or female, and I don't even know if there is a close second.