DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK HIDDEN GEMS

RIPPA

Today's Hidden Gems addition is becoming a bit of a tradition for the "big 4", with another new TV special. This time hyping up Survivor Series 1994:

Sunday Night Slam: November 1994 [Duration: 00:44:58]
Yokozuna, The British Bulldog, The Smoking Gunns and more compete in exciting matches just days before Survivor Series 1994.

The special has the following card:

The Heavenly Bodies (Jimmy del Ray & Tom Prichard) (w/Jim Cornette) vs. The Smoking Gunns (Bart Gunn & Billy Gunn)
John Chrystal vs. Yokozuna
Owen Hart vs. The British Bulldog

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:07 AM, Jprhino84 said:

Today's Hidden Gems addition is becoming a bit of a tradition for the "big 4", with another new TV special. This time hyping up Survivor Series 1994:

The special has the following card:

This thing would have been a bad episode of Raw at the time. Play a drinking game with the breaks in the Owen and Bulldog match and you'd be hurting. Heavenly Bodies clearly had run out of fucks to give. Yoko squashing jobbers dead and Billy Gunn's silly ass mullet were a sight to behold and....that's it.

8 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

This thing would have been a bad episode of Raw at the time. Play a drinking game with the breaks in the Owen and Bulldog match and you'd be hurting. Heavenly Bodies clearly had run out of fucks to give. Yoko squashing jobbers dead and Billy Gunn's silly ass mullet were a sight to behold and....that's it.

Being totally objective, (the new generation was the peak of my childhood fandom but not the start) there really weren’t too many great episodes of Raw in 1994. It still wasn’t the true A show yet as Superstars still claimed some of the big angles in 1994 while the roster continued to shrink as WCW simmered and brought in Hogan. It wasn’t rock bottom like 1995 but 1994 was when things started to really decline.

RIP Hidden Gems

By Mike Johnson on 2019-12-03 13:15:00
Several WWE sources have confirmed that the WWE Network has, going forward, suspended all plans for weekly "Hidden Gems" on the company's streaming service.  

Over the last year, the Hidden Gems section has featured dark matches from WWF and WWE TV tapings, full specials from Jim Crockett Promotions, the AWA, the WWF and other content from across the spectrum of the tape libraries that WWE owns.  The content would be released every Thursday, something WWE Network has not done in recent weeks.

One WWE source cautioned that while the company is not currently moving forward with the Hidden Gems, that does not mean that older content won't be used in different ways or that the current edict cannot be reversed down the line.

• Sad 4

This justifies my recent cancellation of the Network, which was mostly a reaction to the crappy policies of the WWECorp. I'm gonna be a-diggin' those boxes of tapes and DVDs out of the basement soon. I will miss seeing certain workers (Cesaro, Asuka, Velveteen Dream, Ciampa, et al) but this really clinches it. My missing $10 a month won't matter to them, and it is a paltry gesture on my part, but it is important to me. 

subscriber since the beginning but NO MORE,

RAF

• Like 2

Apparently there will be more changes too. www.wwenetworknews.com   main writer cancelled his service even.  He knows what is going to be released usually a month or so in advance and says he doesn't like where things are headed.   Really not happy about this. Was hoping to at least get WCW tv from 89-91 completed but doesn't look to be happening any time soon 

• Sad 1

i don't have a Network subscription, but the Hidden Gems were the one thing that, every week, would tempt me to sign up. not surprised at the cancellation, as Matt D said the user base had to be incredibly small for these. still sad.

RIP Hidden Gems. we hardly knew ye

21 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Good day for YouTube and the  dark wrestling web. 

Besides what has been mentioned - there has been a thought that the WWE will start cracking down more on stuff that is up on Youtube.

Especially because it is cheaper (and easier) for them just to have Youtube be their hitman

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2019 at 8:31 PM, The Batboy said:

Stop what you're doing and go watch "The Power of Karate" from 1954,  to "witness the devastating effects of Karate Wrestling"! Enjoy the stooging and ballyhoo nonsense, but stay for the ending brawl with potatoes aplenty and weird attempts at proto-shootstyle submissions

Lots of hilarious lines from the commentary trying to put this fiasco over. I loved this. 

• Like 1