DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK HIDDEN GEMS

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Captain Kronos said:

I can't find The War To Settle The Score (or The Brawl). Have they been taken down already?

Both were removed

WWE Network News says it was intentional but they haven't gotten any further information

I am guessing there is some sort of rights issue and they have to re-edit them

EDIT - Actually it has been confirmed to be a "legal issue"

• Thanks 1

During tape trading days, the All-Nighters were 2 of the first a buddy and I ever picked up. Chris Cruise was my favourite part of the party bits.

After that it was pretty much all ECW. To this day, ECW looks weird as fuck to me without tracking lines and distortion.

• Like 4

Continuing to make my way through the All Nighter. Almost 2 hours in, and every match is superb. I’m really having a great time with these. Flair v Hogan at Halloween Havoc 94, in the cage, was great fun. They look like they were stiffing the hell out of each other, and the crowd was super hot. 

And that’s before Sherri got involved.?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elizium said:

During tape trading days, the All-Nighters were 2 of the first a buddy and I ever picked up. Chris Cruise was my favourite part of the party bits.

After that it was pretty much all ECW. To this day, ECW looks weird as fuck to me without tracking lines and distortion.

Chris Cruise in a Vader mask doing the Vader shuffle in the background of somebody else's scene is my highest treasured memory of the All Nighters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ace said:

Chris Cruise in a Vader mask doing the Vader shuffle in the background of somebody else's scene is my highest treasured memory of the All Nighters.

So far all I have seen is that every Vader mask you purchase comes with a free Chris Cruise head inside it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kronos said:

Continuing to make my way through the All Nighter. Almost 2 hours in, and every match is superb. I’m really having a great time with these. Flair v Hogan at Halloween Havoc 94, in the cage, was great fun. They look like they were stiffing the hell out of each other, and the crowd was super hot. 

This was right before I stopped watching WCW for a while. I really liked this cage match at Havoc but once Starrcade rolled around I was out.  I was a kid and just had no interest in seeing Hogan, Beefcake and all these guys again..     Then I returned around the start of the nWo when everyone in school was getting into it again. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 11:26 PM, Captain Kronos said:

I forgot how quickly they rushed all the dignitaries away from the front row after that match was over.

One thing I did remember from when I watched it was the WCW lack of creativity in naming wrestlers. Bobby Heenan yells "That man has butchered a friendship!" then Tony later yells "This place is coming down like an avalanche!" Then Beefcake was called The Butcher and Tenta was called Avalanche on Saturday Night the weekend after.

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2019 at 2:23 PM, StarChief EagleDemon said:

One thing I did remember from when I watched it was the WCW lack of creativity in naming wrestlers. Bobby Heenan yells "That man has butchered a friendship!" then Tony later yells "This place is coming down like an avalanche!" Then Beefcake was called The Butcher and Tenta was called Avalanche on Saturday Night the weekend after.

That's across the board. I remember when Steve Austin became Stone Cold and Kama became Godfather, the repetitive hammering of the names on commentary wasn't exactly subtle then

Stop what you're doing and go watch "The Power of Karate" from 1954,  to "witness the devastating effects of Karate Wrestling"! Enjoy the stooging and ballyhoo nonsense, but stay for the ending brawl with potatoes aplenty and weird attempts at proto-shootstyle submissions

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 12:40 AM, clintthecrippler said:

Jesus, the finishing stretch of the women's tag match on the AWA Road to Superclash III...if that happened in WCW or TNA instead of nearing-the-deathbed AWA it would be an all-time great botched finish. 

Medusa looked somewhat frustrated during the match as well.

1 hour ago, Hamhock said:

Medusa looked somewhat frustrated during the match as well.

It looked like that they were MAYBE booked for a double-pin to build to Superclash but Madusa either (a) intentionally tried to double-cross Wendi or (b) got worried that Wendi was going to double cross her and she got cold feet. 

Either way, just a helluva breakdown. I know the Network presentation is pieced together from the night of the taping and those matches aired across several episodes of AWA TV but I am genuinely curious if this made any of the final air tapes back then. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

It looked like that they were MAYBE booked for a double-pin to build to Superclash but Madusa either (a) intentionally tried to double-cross Wendi or (b) got worried that Wendi was going to double cross her and she got cold feet. 

Either way, just a helluva breakdown. I know the Network presentation is pieced together from the night of the taping and those matches aired across several episodes of AWA TV but I am genuinely curious if this made any of the final air tapes back then. 

Not to mention the terrible sequences involving Magnificent Mimi, and the endless post-match mic shouting from Richter and Mimi - just brutal, awful stuff.

• Like 1

I like that because its AWA there are dozens of things this could be:

-is Hulk Hogan's face turn floating around out there? I just realized that I dont think I have ever seen that.

-maybe that final Superclash where WCW loaned out Ric Flair vs Brian Pillman to fill out the show?

-did the Turkey Battle Royal from Team Challenge Series ever air in full?

-i remember reading about a cage match where Greg Gagne beat Curt Hennig for the AWA World Title and it later got overturned but I dont recall if that ever aired in full.

-Maybe an AWA World Title change from the 60s or 70s that never aired in full?

-that aforementioned Bunkhouse Battle Royal?