DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK HIDDEN GEMS

RIPPA

What a fun little gem. Reading Khawk describe it on PWO had me really wanting to see it and *poof* here it is. Brought me flashbacks to some of the horrible Home Depot meetings I attended. I wish HD had been cool enough to get wrestling at the meetings. Not sure if this is better or worse than the Flintstones/Busch convention. 

As a negative, the Xbox interface is really bad. It took me forever to find this.

27 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

What the fudge is this? It's almost as bizarre as PUSH THE BUTTON. I'm also digging the "BAD GUYS" and "GOOD GUYS" signs they put up.

It kind of makes me wonder what other wacky stuff Verne did that we didn't know about.

This is the second reference to "Push the button" and I'm not sure what it refers to. Care to enlighten a fella?

43 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

As a negative, the Xbox interface is really bad. It took me forever to find this.

To be honest - I think all the Network interfaces on platforms I use - desktop, XBOX and PS4 - suck

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

This is the second reference to "Push the button" and I'm not sure what it refers to. Care to enlighten a fella?

It's in reference to the AWA's Team Challenge Series pilot that was released on the network last November. Wrestlecrap has an amazing write-up on it:
http://wrestlecrap.com/inductions/active-inductions/awa-team-challenge-pilot/

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be honest - I think all the Network interfaces on platforms I use - desktop, XBOX and PS4 - suck

I'm not sure what's more amazing: that they have no consistency between the apps, or that despite having like half a dozen interfaces, they all are deeply flawed.

March to WrestleMania IX is getting added tomorrow

A 2-hour TV special (a little over 90-minutes without commercials) with the following card:

Randy Savage vs. Yokozuna (w/Mr. Fuji)Mr. Perfect vs. Skinner
Kamala (w/Reverend Slick) vs. Kim Chee
Jerry Sabin (Gary Sabough) & Reno Riggins vs. Money Inc. (Irwin R. Schyster & Ted DiBiase)
George South vs. Tatanka
Little Louie & The Beverly Brothers (Beau Beverly & Blake Beverly) vs. The Bushwhackers (Butch & Luke) & Tiger Jackson
Bam Bam Bigelow vs. The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer)

Since this aired on USA - you have probably seen it (or can find a good chunk of it)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The match isn't 30 minutes

Austin wrestled two other times during that taping so that 27 minute clip is filled with a lot of nonsense

Phil's downplaying it. It's legitimately 18 minutes with about 6 minutes of entrances (including Lothario getting a nice shout out) and the post match has Lothario trying to cut a promo over the theme music. Match is really good, probably one of my favorite 96 Shawn matches instantaneously. 

Ooh, I've had an unreasonable desire to see that Tito/Shango match literally since I first heard it happened. Not because I think it's likely any good, just because it being a dark match ended Tito's WrestleMania appearance streak and gave Hogan sole possession of the lead. (It's IX not VIII, BTW)

Edited by Brian Fowler

Funny thing about the Piper/Ramon interaction is that Piper indicates he was fighting when Razor was having his diapers changed, but they were only four years apart in age.

EDIT: You have to go to 1984 to find the Luger footage since they messed it up. It's super surreal though. Just a total Vince mindfuck to the sheets or whoever.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1