DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2018 - WEEK SEVENTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Steelers apparently are not actually eliminated yet. If the night game ends in a tie, Pittsburgh has the tiebreaker edge.

which means that one of the teams in tonight's game is eliminated if they tie.

Well I know what *MY* chaos loving heart is now honor bound to root for...

On 12/25/2018 at 6:26 PM, Infinit said:

Baker Mayfield is such a talent. Such an incredible young QB. Would be a storybook ending to a pretty great rookie season by beating those no good Ravens. 

That no good, no talent Mayfield! Never liked the guy. Browns gonna Brown ?

51 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

which means that one of the teams in tonight's game is eliminated if they tie.

Well I know what *MY* chaos loving heart is now honor bound to root for...

Both, actually. They both have the win to get in, a tie and it's Pittsburgh

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Skins embarrassing themselves in Week 17 is my favorite NFL tradition

Followed by the continuing tradition of Kirk Cousins choking in a meaningful game.  I mean in his other attempts he wasn't bad he just made ONE terrible play.   Tonight he was just garbage from the beginning.    

Vikings fans are probably really pissed at that contract right now.  But the ironic thing is that teams that didn't get him/keep him aren't no better or even worse

The funny thing from the Skins disaster was them bringing in Joe Gibbs for some ceremony in front of a crowd that was 90/10 Eagles fans.  And of course Skins fans being Skins fans talking about Gibbs 3.0 forgetting how behind the times Gibbs 2.0 was

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

Cousins is one of the most wildly inconsistent players I've ever seen.

Like, you have no idea if he'll compete 92% of his passes and destroy the defense or throw 12 interceptions in the first half.

I started Cousins one week in fantasy this year, and unfortunately, I got the latter.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Cousins is one of the most wildly inconsistent players I've ever seen.

Like, you have no idea if he'll compete 92% of his passes and destroy the defense or throw 12 interceptions in the first half.

I understand what you're saying, but what were the other options?

Case Keenum - sucked in Denver

Sam Bradford - Not even in the league anymore

Teddy Bridgewater - Would have loved to see him stay, but the Vikings knew more about his condition than I do.

A.J. McCarron or some shit - No

They were down at 30 in the draft, so they weren't really in a position to draft a guy. I guess they could have drafted Lamar Jackson or something, but behind Minnesota's offensive line he would have gotten a serious case of David Carr Syndrome.

Minnesota has, at most, three NFL-caliber offensive linemen. The talent level on the o-line is so far behind the rest of the roster it's ridiculous.

He's the Vikings' QB for the next two years. . .I just hope everyone can get their shit together during that time.

I don't blame them for the Cousins move. He was the best QB to hit unrestricted free agency since Peyton Manning, without nearly the injury baggage.

But they paid through the nose for a guy who is merely pretty good.

4 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

I understand what you're saying, but what were the other options?

Case Keenum - sucked in Denver

Sam Bradford - Not even in the league anymore

Teddy Bridgewater - Would have loved to see him stay, but the Vikings knew more about his condition than I do.

A.J. McCarron or some shit - No

They were down at 30 in the draft, so they weren't really in a position to draft a guy. I guess they could have drafted Lamar Jackson or something, but behind Minnesota's offensive line he would have gotten a serious case of David Carr Syndrome.

Minnesota has, at most, three NFL-caliber offensive linemen. The talent level on the o-line is so far behind the rest of the roster it's ridiculous.

He's the Vikings' QB for the next two years. . .I just hope everyone can get their shit together during that time.

I see your point. I just have a problem with the way that Vikings fans defend his mediocrity, by saying that he was only supposed to be better than Keenum, but the O-Line and defense aren't as good as last season.