DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

The Dolphins have apparently canceled their interview with Bears DC Vic Fangio, so only the Broncos will interview him. 

Meanwhile, basically everyone on the team is begging for Darren Rizzi (ST & Asst HC) to be hired.  He'll be interviewed later this week.  Expect to see this image a lot if he gets hired:

lxr8whj2js821.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Texans would be idiots not to give Clowney a big contract. 

I’m ambivalent on bringing back Honey Badger. 

And they should be talking to every single CB and every single OT free agents, and should draft as many as they can. 

I don’t think there’s too many FAs worth a damn though.

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

On one hand, fuck the Packers.

On the other hand, LaFleur is from the town I now live in, and from the area I've lived my whole life and it's cool to see a local kid make good.

Dammit, he's a sleeper agent. This is not going to end well.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I figured they would have gone with a defensive guy. Why get an OC for a head coach when you're offense will be run by Rodgers anyway?

Speaking of the defense - the Pack is expected to retain Mike Pettine as DC

Nothing is official yet but Pettine was supposedly part of LaFleur's proposed staff when he interviewed

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Rapaport is saying that Bruce Arians is in contract negotiations with Tampa, so it looks like that's his landing spot. 

Jay Glazer said that part of Arians interview included a trip to the hospital for a physical - which is the first time he can ever remember that happening for an interview for a HC job

Glazer also says it is pretty certain Arians will be the Bucs hire unless the physical scares them off

51 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If the Raiders win 4 games combined in their next two seasons, I'll be shocked. 

Well 4 would be less than the 6 the Dolphins win

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Per PFT - Kliff Kingsbury is being hired by the Cards

I know Texas Tech isn't the easiest place to win but, man, he got fired from there after going 35-40 and 19-35 in the B12.  

While Texas Tech teams didn't win that much their offense was really damn good.  The Cardinals offense was terrible even with one of the best running back in the game.   Now how much of that is because everyone's defense in the Big 12 stinks not sure.   Now whether he can do anything with Josh Rosen who looked awful this year not sure either

Small footnote to Arians' hire, the NFL said initially Tampa was free and clear to sign him.  However, Arizona said they maintained the rights to him, somehow.  So Tampa's giving them a 6 and a 7 in the draft as compensation.  

Also, Mike McCarthy has withdrawn his name for all jobs except the Jets.   (tee hee)