DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

This is why I am really fucking irritated at all the people going THEY KEPT ELI BUT TRADED OBJ!!! LOL!!!!!

They clearly are gonna suck this year so might as well let a QB learn under Eli without getting the shit kicked out of him. They were going to be paying Eli either way.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This is why I am really fucking irritated at all the people going THEY KEPT ELI BUT TRADED OBJ!!! LOL!!!!!

They clearly are gonna suck this year so might as well let a QB learn under Eli without getting the shit kicked out of him. They were going to be paying Eli either way.

I think it's because most people are still being critical about the Giants drafting Barkley last year and almost likely 'wasting' another year given the usual length of a RB's career.  And that the Giants (in their minds) should have instead drafted a QB given the lack of talent this year.

Which - again - the grand irony is everyone has them trading for Josh Rosen. So that means they technically could have the cake and eat it too (in that mindset)

But of course now everyone thinks the only good QB from last year was Baker - the one QB not available to them.

But again I am implying anger and logic

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Which - again - the grand irony is everyone has them trading for Josh Rosen. So that means they technically could have the cake and eat it too (in that mindset)

No way!  The Skins are going to trade Keenum for Rosen because Kingsbury was Keenum's coach at U. of Houston!

(God, that was the stupidest local rumor I've seen lately...)

So much for the Colts using their giant pile of money to sign a dominant RB.

But hey, the Bears did another smart thing so it all balances out?

(I'm also not counting signing Devin Funchess as anything special)

Edited by Craig H

5 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Who in the hell could they get who would even be half as good as OBJ for $5 million? It's ironic that people knock OBJ for his immaturity (and they have a valid point) but this trade is basically John Mara and the Giants throwing a temper tantrum.

8 hours ago, Infinit said:

I couldn't think of better places for AB and Bell than the Raiders and Jets. Good riddance.

Better yet he negotiated himself out of a better contract.  The Steelers was offering close to $15 million a year two years ago.  Then they offered around $14.5 last year for only one year.  Now he is going to the Jets for like $13.6 for one less year.  

we might not like how AB and Bell handled their situation but something tells me we are really going to miss them when we play the Browns twice this year.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

In a big picture sense - it is funny again to think about how football has changed

It used to be THERE ARE NO TRADES IN FOOTBALL!!!

Now we had arguably the two best WRs currently in the game traded in a 48 hour period.

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Can someone please check on the Colts to see what in the motherfuck they are doing?

Binge watching something on Netflix, I believe.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

Binge watching something on Netflix, I believe.

Something I guess. They had the money to improve at RB and on defense and all they've done is sign Funyuns to a one year deal.

Apparently the plan is to play the draft slot machine and hope you hit a jackpot.