DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

On 5/29/2019 at 5:30 PM, cwoy2j said:

I want one of the top picks to saunter down the aisle before they start announcing picks and for one of the announcers to go, "but whose side is he on?!"

"Tua Tagovailoa, you can go to hell. Straight to hell."

*throws headset*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Trent Williams has requested that the Skins give him a new deal or trade him

He still has two years left on his deal. The deal he signed in 2014 was 5 years, $68 million where he is still owed $24 million

Good luck with that Trent considering your injury history

Green Bay and Oak/Vegas will play a pre-season game in Winnipeg on 8/22.

Because Goodell *WILL* have his international expansion team somehow, god damn it. 

• Haha 1

That's been an open secret for about 6 months here, we figure the only reason it took them this long to officially announce was due to finagling over how the money was going to be split up amongst the Raiders, Packers and Blue Bombers. And maybe also compensation for Valour FC for having to move a home game.

It should be noted that Douglas was top on Gase's wishlist. And apparently the search was conducted by.... Gase. 

So, yeah, he's there to sign off on whatever Gase wants. This is going to end well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Jesus Harold Christ.  Texans fired their GM and are trying to get Nick Caserio from the Patriots.  Which, apparently, is tampering. 

The story is actually kinda hilarious. Some guy quit the Pats over the Kraft scandal, but still went to Kraft's house for the ring ceremony. He works for the Texans now. He was apparently talking to Caserio, and they fired the GM the next day. So the Pats are basically alleging they offered Caserio the job at the party without permission to talk to him.

They also denied Houston permission to talk to him last time they were GM searching.

So either the Pats are being petty as fuck, or the Texans are being shady. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The story is actually kinda hilarious. Some guy quit the Pats over the Kraft scandal, but still went to Kraft's house for the ring ceremony. He works for the Texans now. He was apparently talking to Caserio, and they fired the GM the next day. So the Pats are basically alleging they offered Caserio the job at the party without permission to talk to him.

They also denied Houston permission to talk to him last time they were GM searching.

So either the Pats are being petty as fuck, or the Texans are being shady. 

Here’s what kinda gets me on this. If Caserio wants the job and promotion, then the Pats are essentially nuking their relationship and trust with him. So by denying him, they now have distrust. So much easier to either give him the job title, or gobs more money or whatever. 

And tampering with players I can understand. But front office execs? That’s business. 

Ex GM Brian Gaine was apparently targeting and firing black employees for being black. That’s worthy of getting fired. Don’t need that after having already dealt with a dead racist owner. 

I’m guessing Easterby (ex Pats character coach (?)) asked Caserio if he was interested in what was to be a soon open GM spot and Caserio told Kraft and Belichek in hopes of a raise.

Which is business. I don’t get it.