DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

Adam Schefter is saying that "Marshawn Lynch is not planning to play football again"

I mean that is a weird way of saying "retiring" but it also could just be a ploy to get out of Oakland

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And Chris Johnson is signing a one day contract with the Titans and will announce his retirement

He was in the league a lot longer than I realized.  Still only 33 though.

Baltimore has given Justin Tucker the biggest contract ever to a kicker.  

4/23

18 guaranteed.  8 signing bonus.  

Guess they watched the Chicago playoff game and said "None of that for us, thank you."

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And Chris Johnson is signing a one day contract with the Titans and will announce his retirement

20 years from now someone is going to ask, "who's the best running back not in the hall of fame?"  Chris Johnson is going to be as good of an answer as any.  He was incredible at his best, but his run was way too short to be considered.

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Roger Craig isn't in the Hall of Fame so y'all can be quiet now

Ricky Watters neither, and he may have a better case than any of them...this is surprisingly hard to narrow down to one player.

Eddie George isn't in the Hall of Fame either

What I am trying to say is that Chris Johnson would not be in my Top 5 of the "Best not in the HOF" list

EDIT - I also haven't even mentioned my fanboy NY picks from my childhood yet

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Eddie George isn't in the Hall of Fame either

What I am trying to say is that Chris Johnson would not be in my Top 5 of the "Best not in the HOF" list

EDIT - I also haven't even mentioned my fanboy NY picks from my childhood yet

Don't get me started, I could provide you with a 10 page report about how Eric Metcalf should be a hall of famer, and/or how Mark Price should have been on the Dream Team over John Stockton.  

Eddie George is eventually getting in though right?  I was mostly talking about guys who were legitimately great but who are never actually getting into the hall of fame.  It gets tricky because there is no legitimate reason for Roger Craig and Ricky Watters to be excluded from the hall of fame.  Priest Holmes was the best player in the league for three seasons, and overwhelmingly average for the rest of his career, he's not getting in.  When Chris Johnson was great he was absurd, I don't think he should ever get in the hall of fame, but you don't get much better than him at his absolute best.  He holds the record for most single-season yards from scrimmage (2,509).  

Here's a question, is Frank Gore a hall of famer?  He's 4th all-time in rushing yards but I'd take anyone named in this conversation over him if I needed a running back.  

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

So are the Chiefs going to cut him like they Kareem Hunt? 

He's never going to play another second in pro football ever again. This may be the most vile crime committed by an active NFL player ever, it's at least on the short list. Good lord.