DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hall of Fame player and coach Forrest Gregg has passed away at the age of 85

If you want an idea of how good Gregg was as a player - Vince Lombardi called him "the best player I ever coached"

Also coached the Bengals to our first Super Bowl, RIP.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:20 AM, RIPPA said:

My favorite part is Bruce Allen still thinks Reuben Foster won't be suspended

Well, Bruce Allen better play the Mega tonight.   Reuben Foster is being fined 2 games salary and is not going to be suspended. 

Word around the campfire is, Russell Wilson is asking for a percentage of future cap increases during the length of his contract.   

Seattle is balking as they are *EXTREMELY* reluctant to open this particular can of worms as it will have repercussions throughout the NFL...   But of course, you cannot just let your franchise QB just walk.  

Russell Wilson got his extension

The usual depending on who reports it will skew how it is reported

Basically - you will see either 5 years, $157 million or 4 years, $140 (its all if you are including the $17 million he was going to sign this year or not)

It's $35 million annually in "new money" 

$65 million signing bonus. $107 million is guaranteed in some way shape or form

Steelers at Pats will be the Sunday Night Week 1 game

Pretty much the rest of the schedule will get leaked before the actual announcement.

I will report back when the Thanksgiving games are known

17 hours ago, CSC said:

The Chargers are getting really good at making it hard to not like them. 

The Chargers twitter has some real nerve to make fun of others for their look after the whole debacle with their new logo and look.

BTW - another indicator about how shitty the Giants are

Unless they get a game flexed - this will be the first time since 2006 that they do not play on Sunday Night

It is quite some bullshit that the Dolphins have to go TO New York in back to back weeks, and in December.   

However, hopefully I'll get to go to one of those two losses as they sandwich my birthday.  #silverlinings

It will be interesting to see if they just choose to stay in NY for the week (like I know East Coast teams will frequently do that when they have to play back to back West Coast games)

EDIT - Just noticed that the Bills are doing the back to back in MetLife thing too. Their games are the first two of the season however

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hell, even New England got New York, New York back to back.   But they at least get the G-men in Foxboro.  

What an odd, odd way to schedule. 

Though it is on Thursday so it is a short week

I mean I get it when they do it for East Coast teams going to LA (or the San Fran/Oakland combo) or West Coast teams doing the NY double shot (or NY/Philly) but for the East Coast teams to be doing it is weird.

But this is also what happens when both NY teams suck