DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

gonna just go ahead and predict "Patriots win 24-21 on last minute TD after DPI-on-review call erases late interception earlier in drive" as your finish to Super Bowl 54 right now should this rule pass.

• Haha 2

On 3/28/2019 at 9:12 PM, MADCAP said:

Bears trading RB Jordan Howard to the Philadelphia Eagles for a 6th-round pick in 2020 that can become a 5th-round pick, league source tells ESPN.

I like this move.

God I can't wait for this draft to be over since we have reached that time where everyone is putting out bullshit stories because they are trying to trick teams into believing they aren't taking a QB

GIANTS ARE LEANING TOWARDS DE!

THE CARDS WILL DRAFT BABY BOSA!

MURRAY AND HASKINS WON'T BE DRAFTING TILL THE THIRD ROUND!!!

In today's terrible news department

Matthew Stafford's wife - Kelly - announced that she has a brain tumor and will be undergoing surgery later this month

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, elizium said:

They look like the Roughriders.

That's because the Jets are leaving the NFL to join the CFL along with the Bengals and Bills because it's a league all 3 of them might actually have a chance to make the playoffs in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brutal article from Bleacher Report today describing the dysfunction in Titletown:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

A couple highlights:

1) Aaron Rodgers hated Mike McCarthy because McCarthy passed him over in favor of Alex Smith when McCarthy was with the 49ers as OC

2) Rodgers said that McCarthy had "the lowest football IQ of any coach I've ever had"

3) Mike McCarthy would skip team meetings to get massages

4) Others say #3 was made up by Aaron Rodgers to sow discontent

Good times!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Brutal article from Bleacher Report today describing the dysfunction in Titletown:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

A couple highlights:

1) Aaron Rodgers hated Mike McCarthy because McCarthy passed him over in favor of Alex Smith when McCarthy was with the 49ers as OC

2) Rodgers said that McCarthy had "the lowest football IQ of any coach I've ever had"

3) Mike McCarthy would skip team meetings to get massages

4) Others say #3 was made up by Aaron Rodgers to sow discontent

Good times!

#2 is probably the fairest in reality and unfairest in the way that it is actually stated.  Aaron Rodgers is now past his prime, and he spent the majority of his career in an offense that he made work with his talent despite its unimaginative design.  I heard someone say this about NFL offenses, "There are two types of offenses, the type that beats you with scheme and the type that beat you with talent.  An great scheme will win with average to above average talent, but a great scheme with great talent is unstoppable.  If you rely on talent, you can only win when your talent is better than the combination of the talent and your opponent's defensive scheme."  Aaron Rodgers can still be great, but he's not what he was 5 years ago.  They need someone who can come in and create a scheme that maximizes what he has left in the tank.  Mike McCarthy was not that guy.

• Like 1

Hall of Fame player and coach Forrest Gregg has passed away at the age of 85

If you want an idea of how good Gregg was as a player - Vince Lombardi called him "the best player I ever coached"

• Sad 1