DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

Baltimore is releasing Eric Weddle. 

Apparently Pittsburgh is imminently trading Antonio Brown.  Per NFL dot com, "3 teams" are in the hunt but not named.  The Jets and Cardinals have both dropped out of the pursuit.

My guess is idiot Oakland is going to get conned out of trading their #1 pick for AB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Baltimore is releasing Eric Weddle. 

Apparently Pittsburgh is imminently trading Antonio Brown.  Per NFL dot com, "3 teams" are in the hunt but not named.  The Jets and Cardinals have both dropped out of the pursuit.

My guess is idiot Oakland is going to get conned out of trading their #1 pick for AB. 

They've got three first rounders. Wouldn't be surprising if they gave up one of them, I suppose. I'd be floored if they gave up #4 overall, though.

17 hours ago, Infinit said:

Really? Who would you put above AB in that draft? He's far from my favorite given his recent turn, but he's been the best receiver in the league for years.

Antonio Brown could be argued as the best player in the league over the last 6 years.  I forget where I read it, but there was some site that did statistical breakdowns for receivers for best routes, speed, hands, short routes, medium routes, and deep routes, and he was the best at all of them.  He's a crazy person, but he's in the conversation for best receivers of all time.  He gains more yards per touch than anyone in the league.  Last year was a down year for him and he had 100 catches, almost 1300 yards and 15 touchdowns.  Seriously, you can't ask for any more than that.  There are players at more valuable positions than him, but he's the best player in that draft.  Earl Thomas has a case, Trent Williams has a bit of a case, Gronk has been great, but none of them have been as consistently healthy and productive as Antonio Brown.

• Like 1

Here is a fun little stat

AB has played 130  games - Trent Williams has played in 120

I wouldn't have expected them to be that close and it gets even crazier when you remember that Williams has had TWO 4 game suspensions due to the substance abuse policy

God Trent Williams plays hurt a lot

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Here is a fun little stat

AB has played 130  games - Trent Williams has played in 120

I wouldn't have expected them to be that close and it gets even crazier when you remember that Williams has had TWO 4 game suspensions due to the substance abuse policy

God Trent Williams plays hurt a lot

Why do I feel like he's always injured?  Is he just playing with debilitating injuries?  I could have sworn he's torn a pec, isn't that like a year-long recovery?    

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Why do I feel like he's always injured?  Is he just playing with debilitating injuries?  I could have sworn he's torn a pec, isn't that like a year-long recovery?    

Yeah - games played is a little funky because there is a bunch of times Trent will start and then leave in like the 2nd Quarter and never return

And he has been fucking hurt a lot the last like 3 years (13, 10, 12 are his games played the last three years)

In regards to the torn pec - that was Brandon Scherff

Washington didn’t have to give up much to get quarterback Case Keenum. It sent a sixth-rounder to Denver in 2020, with Washington getting the Broncos’ seventh-rounder in 2020, Mike Klis of Denver’s 9News reports.

Keenum got a reworked contract, with the Broncos paying him a $500,000 restructure bonus and $3.5 million of his $7 million guaranteed salary, according to Klis. Keenum is scheduled to make $18 million in base salary this season.