DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

On 2/6/2019 at 8:26 AM, RIPPA said:

They are still going to at least try and trade him

It is part of some elaborate plan to all the Eagles to trade him and Foles to get decent compensation

And.... the Eagles have now said they will NOT franchise Foles and he will be a free agent. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And he will end up as the TE on my fantasy team... again...

I have nightmares about the... oh.... six or seven times that happened to me.

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Now if we can only get the Bucs to resign Booger we will actually have a listenable Monday Night Football show

Wait he is already gone.  is this Christmas already ?

I believe Booger is still there, but they shelved that roaming elevated cart thing and stuck him in the booth late last season and I expect that'll continue.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I believe Booger is still there, but they shelved that roaming elevated cart thing and stuck him in the booth late last season and I expect that'll continue.

That actually helped him - and the other two - a lot.  Now, if & Tessitore can just not call each other by their nicknames every 5 seconds, things will be a lot better.  Especially with Witten (who also did it a lot) gone.

Sample transcript:

"Boog, what do you think?"

"Tess, that was a 1st down.  Wit, what about it?"

"Boog, I dunno about that one. "

"Wit, HAHAHAHAHA, you're so funny.  Tess, how do I look in this cart?"

By far, their overuse of nicknames bugged me the most about those three. 

So according to Schefter, the top 3 teams in the Antonio Brown sweepstakes is the Raiders, Redskins, and Titans.   The Redskins would be the absolute worst place to go in terms of QB talent and chaos.  The Raiders would be good if Gruden can get his head out of his ass and Carr gets back to his early years.  The Titans is probably the safer pick but I don't know if Mariotta is the QB for him

I heard one of the local reporters yesterday saying that with a couple of moves - the Skins can be $40 million under that cap (and that is counting Alex Smith)

Don't ask me to remember all of them - one them clearly was not keeping Josh Norman around that's for sure

So looks like the early leader in the Nick Foles sweepstakes is the Jaguars.  Blake Bortles Facts is going to be so bitter.

also reports of the Skins working on deal to get Josh Rosen from the Cardinals.  Maybe someone who followed the Cards can explain but I didn't see anything that makes him a hot prospect.  I mean better than colt McCoy I guess

I for one look forward to Jason Mendoza: Nick Foles Superfan on the Good Place.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

This is a very on brand post

I have a reputation to maintain, what can I say. ?

17 hours ago, hammerva said:

So looks like the early leader in the Nick Foles sweepstakes is the Jaguars.  Blake Bortles Facts is going to be so bitter.

also reports of the Skins working on deal to get Josh Rosen from the Cardinals.  Maybe someone who followed the Cards can explain but I didn't see anything that makes him a hot prospect.  I mean better than colt McCoy I guess

Guess the Cards are taking Murray at #1 if this pans out.  (This is such a Cardinals move, it's amazing.)   Oh, and also LOL at Josh Rosen saying last year he'd refuse to play for Cleveland. One year, and he's already being shopped. 

Also, Miami has engaged in trade talks with Washington for Tannehill.   Frankly, I'd love to con DC out of a 4 (or even a 3 or 2) for our trash.   

• Like 1

Man, with all their money, I would think that the Colts would be in on Bell or Brown. Surprised that with most articles I see for where either guy could end up that the Colts aren't mentioned.

Happy Shane Douglas Day.  The following people have been franchised.

Dee Ford by KC

Grady Jarrett by Atlanta

Frank Clark by Seattle

The following person has NOT been franchised: Landon Collins by NY (NFC). 

• Haha 1