DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

46 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Small footnote to Arians' hire, the NFL said initially Tampa was free and clear to sign him.  However, Arizona said they maintained the rights to him, somehow.  So Tampa's giving them a 6 and a 7 in the draft as compensation.  

According to the PFT article...grain of salt, I know...the Bucs are sending a 6th rounder to AZ and AZ is sending a 7th rounder to TB to make "good" on the Arians signing.

Shrug.

So the Dolphins fired a guy who could not get his team to unseat the Patriots in the AFC East, so the Jets decide to hire him to unseat the Patriots in the AFC East?

Somehow, American Football hates me more than Canadian Football does.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I DECLARE A PANTS FREE THREAD (until the Dolphins hire J*m H*rb*ugh)

*Checks schedule* Miami doesn't play Ohio State, you'll be fine until a bowl game.

*Cries in a corner*

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, hammerva said:

I have no idea what USC was doing in this.  I mean why would you hire someone who you know he is still looking for an NFL job.

I think he's as surprised as we are that he was such a huge coaching candidate.  USC hired him as an offensive coordinator, and he accepted the job, because that is the next logical step after being fired after being an unsuccessful head coach.  I have no idea how he got to be such a coveted coaching candidate...especially in the NFL.

Cincinnati is going with Zac Taylor as its new head coach, pretty much as soon as the Rams season ends.  

The Dolphins are not going to say who they are going with until after the playoffs, but it's supposedly down to Pats DC Brian Torres and Dallas DB Coach Kris Richard.  

(That being said, JOHN Harbaugh still hasn't signed his extension with Baltimore...)

On 1/10/2019 at 7:30 AM, supremebve said:

I think he's as surprised as we are that he was such a huge coaching candidate.  USC hired him as an offensive coordinator, and he accepted the job, because that is the next logical step after being fired after being an unsuccessful head coach.  I have no idea how he got to be such a coveted coaching candidate...especially in the NFL.

Image result for patrick mahomes

5000 yds and 41 TDs his junior year after 4650 & 36 the year before.

He didn't underperform.

That's moot though. 

Mahomes is the reason people are looking at Kingsbury, regardless of whether that's a good reason or not.  That Mahomes just gave him a ringing endorsement certainly helps him, too.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:08 PM, RIPPA said:

Mort says that they are also going to hire Steve Sarkisian to be OC

Nevermind - Sarkisian turned down the Cards as is he is going to be Alabama's new OC