DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In that case

URBAN MEYER COME ON DOWN!

If they didn't accidentally and REPEATEDLY bump into Lincoln Riley while he was in South Florida last week...  

"Oh, hello Mister Riley.   I didn't even know you were at this party.   Hey, did you know it's currently 77F and sunny in Miami, and Norman is currently 39F and rainy?"  

"Oh Mr. Riley, it's so funny we keep running into each other.   Hey, here's our phone number.  If you wanna talk... about anything!  Just let us know."

"Oh Mister Riley....  jeez.   So weird how this keeps happening.   Have you met my friends Sunshine and Candi?   They're *big* fans of our organization. Oh, they have a nice video they'd like to show you in your hotel room. . .  Oh, your wife?  No, no, no... didn't you hear? She won an all expenses paid shopping and spa day in South Beach, so she won't be around. Here's a sample..." 

Best of luck against Fuckfac... er, I mean, Nick Saban.  Enjoy the rest of your time in South Florida sir."

Other things of note, the early report of Tannebaum being gone and Grier/Gase being safe turned out to be completely false, as now Tannebaum is getting reassigned to a new consultant position, Grier is moving up the ladder to EVP of Football Ops (Tannebaum's old job), and of course, Gase is gone.   In addition to what Rippa said above, apparently Gase blew off the owner after the Colts loss and that began the rift that ended today. 

Additionally, Jimmy Haslam is apparently "very interested" in Gase.  But Landry is there, so... you know, that's an issue. 

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

At this point I am almost surprised that Marvin Lewis was fired given that he should have been gone 5 years ago.   

He would be a perfect new Redskins coach 

Good news: Generalisimo Marvin has been deposed.

Bad news: Mike Brown is still our owner so being a Bengals fan will remain hell on earth.

12 hours ago, Gonzo said:

According to the Twitters, the following teams can be ordered by the NFL to appear on Hard Knocks this coming offseason:

• 49ers
  • Broncos
  • Cardinals
  • Dolphins
  • Giants
  • Lions
  • Raiders
  • Washington

You'd think the Raiders would damn near be a lock, given their current circumstances.

This list is inaccurate as teams who have a new coach are not eligible

The list is now just

Niners, Giants, Lions, Raiders, WFC

More fuel in the fire of the fire Mike Tomlin thought.   You can argue that Antonio is just being the usual baby and diva but it goes back to the Steelers really being an undisciplined team.  Last year attitude toward the Jaguars playoff game to some not even practicing, their complete given of a shit against sub .500 teams that they end up losing to, and this kind of confirms this

Given AB's salary it is going to be impossible to get rid off even if you would.  

20 hours ago, sabremike said:

Good news: Generalisimo Marvin has been deposed.

Bad news: Mike Brown is still our owner so being a Bengals fan will remain hell on earth.

Lewis recommended Hue Jackson as his replacement, so apparently the parting wasn't as amicable as the team portrayed it.  C'mon, Marvin, an NFL team employed you as head coach for 16 years straight without a playoff win.  The odds of that happening are slightly lower than the odds I'll see a unicorn this week.  Why do you hate the Bengals so to wish Hue Jackson on them?

• Haha 3

I like Tomlin a lot, but I feel like it might be time for him to go elsewhere.  He's been there 12 years now and the Steelers feel like they're underachieving the past few years.  Right now, Tomlin doesn't seem to be doing a great job keeping the egos in check and getting them disciplined.  With Ben winding up his career soon (and the recent whispers about no body missing him in the locker room ), maybe it's time to make a fresh start.