DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Everton's goalie just made an American football tackle, and did not get sent off. Then he stopped the penalty he had given away. Nice to see NHL level officiating has made its way to Europe. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

That was a very strange overturned call on the offside. 

I don't quite get what made them change their mind. I guess the argument is that the ball came back from a Watford player, although that only happened because Sterling was offside and the defender needed to make a play on the ball.

• Like 1

If this had been a sunday league game, there would have been 21 pairs of boots stomping this moron, fortunately the Villa players kept their head, because if one or more of them had been sent off for attacking the fan who just suckerpunched their teammate, that would have been the ultimate indignity.

• Like 2

Guest Edwin

The same source that reported Cristiano was joining Juve is now reporting Solari is getting sacked this afternoon and Zidane will be taking his place in his return to the Madrid bench...

The season is lost, so he's just coming along to try and keep them in a top 3 CL spot and hope to use him to rebuild for next season.

Guest Edwin

Kill me. Seriously. What the heck Simeone? Just sent the boys to park the bus and then he subs off Arias for Correa who of course fouls Bernaderschi in the box with a shove from behind. I hope I never see Correa in an Atleti shirt again.

Also, I hope Lemar is sent to the Premier League. One of the worse performances I've ever seen from an Atleti player in recent times.

Guest Edwin
12 hours ago, AxB said:

In stupid trousers!

Yeah, its bizarre how that made more headlines than the Champions League games before Cristiano decided to show up and put on an amazing performance.

Has there been a managerial firing anywhere this season that makes as little sense as West Brom chucking Darren Moore? The timing of it, where they are in the table... if they'd stuck with him, they'd have gone into the playoffs. If they bring in some unstoppable super manager who wins every game for the rest of the season, most likely they still go into the playoffs. And is there an unstoppable super manager out there they can get? And if so, why would this person go to West Brom now when they can wait to the end of the season and see what bigger jobs, what bigger paying jobs, are going to be opening up?

Also, it's not a good look politically. Everyone can write opinion pieces about how black managers don't get the chances white managers get and so on. Also, Darren Moore's a really nice guy apparently.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Has there been a managerial firing anywhere this season that makes as little sense as West Brom chucking Darren Moore? The timing of it, where they are in the table... if they'd stuck with him, they'd have gone into the playoffs. If they bring in some unstoppable super manager who wins every game for the rest of the season, most likely they still go into the playoffs. And is there an unstoppable super manager out there they can get? And if so, why would this person go to West Brom now when they can wait to the end of the season and see what bigger jobs, what bigger paying jobs, are going to be opening up?

Also, it's not a good look politically. Everyone can write opinion pieces about how black managers don't get the chances white managers get and so on. Also, Darren Moore's a really nice guy apparently.

Chris Hughton getting turfed by Newcastle back in 2010 was way up/down there too. One might note the similar characteristics between him and Moore as well...

• Like 1

It's one of those... When Chelsea fired Ranieri, it wasn't really fair but they knew Mourinho was coming. When Man City fired Hughes it wasn't really fair but Mancini was already in the stadium. Whereas, if West Brom truly have a second coming of Christ level manager lined up, why haven't they appointed them yet? Because firing the best manager you've had in years to replace them with nobody, or with a person TBD at some later point is a really strange, silly way of doing business.