DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2019

Dolfan in NYC

That was unexpected...

Not really an OC supporter. Its the local club and I usually attend the season openers and a game here and there.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Steve Nash is on my television talking about heat maps at halftime of this CL match. What the hell is happening to this sport?

Also that Mane miss, not even getting the shot on target, was awful. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

I don’t know if this is a reflection on the excitement level of the second half, but my dog and I both fell asleep. 

Not even terrible referring and VAR could save Juve today. Atleti put on a clinic and won 2-0 with goals from the Uruguayn CB duo of Godín and JoseMa. Game should have ended 5-0 as Griezmann hit the post on a chip shot from a crazy Wow-check Chestnu save, Costa missed a clear shot on goal and Chiellini dived on a header from Morata that VAR overruled as they said it was a foul even though it wasn't.

18 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Yeah, they started that a few weeks ago.

Also, ITV is going to be showing 1 La Liga free over the air in the UK for the rest I'd the season. 

And I tried watching the Albacete vs. Real Oviedo game today and its not available in the US.

5 hours ago, Rick said:

Another hat-trick (that's 50 in total!) for Leo Messi today.

It's almost boring now. 

It is almost, well, it's Messi, of course he just scored his fiftieth hat trick.

Imagine waking up every day though knowing you're the greatest there's ever been at what you do. Lionel Messi goes to work every day knowing he's the greatest professional football player that ever walked the face of the Earth. He probably wouldn't brag about that though, he'd rather pass it to someone else and let them brag about something.

It is that whole black and white and no grey in between Twitter argument that rages about Messi or Ronaldo (I mean, one guy can't take a shit without supporters of him saying it was the greatest shit ever created and the shit created by the other guy isn't as good as the other shit). I mean, fuck, I'm a Man United fan and Ronaldo was unbelievably good in his last few years at United and then went to Real and somehow got even better every year so you have a case there where a dude is one of the greatest players in the history of arguably the top two biggest football teams in history and, yet...I'd still pick Messi. There you have a guy who is one of the greatest goalscorers there ever was which alone would warrant a place in the all time greats but then he's also a team player and a natural born genius and on and on and on it goes. 

That being said, we all live in an era where two of the greatest of all time both played at the same time.