DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2019

Dolfan in NYC

On 1/14/2019 at 9:41 PM, Raziel said:

Can we drop Ole's "Interim" tag?

Obviously, they rode their luck against Spurs, no one would deny that but it's only Cardiff...it's only Huddersfield...it's only Bournemouth...it's only Newcastle...it's only Reading...it's only Spurs...it's only...it's only...it's only.

I said it before, I've never wanted anyone to succeed as much as I do Ole. I want him to become manager, register himself as a player, win the quadruple next year and bring himself off the bench in injury time in the European Cup final to score the winner even though he's 45 years old because he's Ole and he could slap my mother in the face with a large salmon and I'd still love him.

Anyway, who knows if he's the long term man for the job but, man, in an ideal world, he would be.

• Like 3

What was the fan's song for him?

CLUE: It's a normal song, with one word of the lyrics changed to "Solskjaer" and the rest left alone.

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

What was the fan's song for him?

CLUE: It's a normal song, with one word of the lyrics changed to "Solskjaer" and the rest left alone.

You Are My Sunshine.

There's only one problem... it's the Glazers. Their reaction to "Our new signing is both popular and successful" is to ask "How much are Real and/or PSG offering?". They'd better sign up Solskjaer quickly, because he's not actually there's to sell right now. He's on loan from Molde.

Plus, we don't know how much of OGS's early success is just that the squad was always this good, and it was just another Jose mutiny that was making them play badly.

22 hours ago, AxB said:

Dammit man, I wanted one of the glory hunters to admit they didn't know.

When I saw your first line I didn't know if you meant Sunshine or German Net but the second part clarified it. I recall hearing two different verses in Sunshine. One is "That Alan Shearer is fucking dearer" but I've also heard "That Alan Shearer well he's a wanker".

This is my morning. "Oh yeah, the Premier League is on. I should watch."

TV: WOW, WHAT A CRAZY START, Wolves lead 2-0!

Me: Of course. At least it sounds like it's going to be a crazy game.

(Of course, no goals rest of the first half)

Me: Ok, just gotta take trash down, since the 2nd half is about to start.

TV (as I return): OH MY! LEICESTER HAVE TIED IT UP! 2 QUICK GOALS AT THE START OF THE 2ND Half.

Me: Really?

(20 minutes pass)

Me: Oh I know what's coming, but have to get the laundry into the dryer.

(return from laundry room)

TV: AND WOLVES HAVE RETAKEN THE LEAD 3-2!

Me: Obviously, the next move is to turn off the TV, because you're just being a giant tease.

TV: You don't want to miss the rest of this one, it's a wild one!

Me: Yes I do. *click*

17 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

This is my morning. "Oh yeah, the Premier League is on. I should watch."

TV: WOW, WHAT A CRAZY START, Wolves lead 2-0!

Me: Of course. At least it sounds like it's going to be a crazy game.

(Of course, no goals rest of the first half)

Me: Ok, just gotta take trash down, since the 2nd half is about to start.

TV (as I return): OH MY! LEICESTER HAVE TIED IT UP! 2 QUICK GOALS AT THE START OF THE 2ND Half.

Me: Really?

(20 minutes pass)

Me: Oh I know what's coming, but have to get the laundry into the dryer.

(return from laundry room)

TV: AND WOLVES HAVE RETAKEN THE LEAD 3-2!

Me: Obviously, the next move is to turn off the TV, because you're just being a giant tease.

TV: You don't want to miss the rest of this one, it's a wild one!

Me: Yes I do. *click*

4-3. Crazy 

Liverpool-Palace was also pretty crazy. Not used to that helter skelter performance this year. Not a soothing 1-0.

Pretty clear Milner's legs can no longer handle fullback. He was exposed too often by Zaha's pace. With Moreno gone in the summer, a utility fullback that can play either side would be ideal.