DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT Homecoming PPV - Jan 2019

RIPPA

Still getting back into the swing of Impact running more than like one live PPV a year.

This one is on Jan 6 from Nashville

Card (Spoilers just because I am not sure what has aired and what hasn't)

Spoiler

IMPACT World Title: Johnny Impact (C) vs. Brian Cage - Cage choose Option C for title shot

Knockouts Title: Tessa Blanchard (C) vs. Taya Valkyrie - Special Guest Ref: Gail Kim

Ultimate X for Vacant X-Dvision Title: Jake Crist vs. Ethan Page vs. Rich Swann vs. Trey Miguel

IMPACT Tag Titles: LAX (C) vs. Lucha Brothers

Eddie Edwards vs. Moose - Falls Count Anywhere

Monster's Ball: Abyss vs. Eli Drake

I think it's safe since all of those matches are being advertised on Impact's website but ya never know.

Also - Moose is claiming he won't be able to make his match vs. Eddie Edwards because he got bit on his hand by a German Shepard (he posted it on social media)

Now I am 99% sure this is angle since... well Moose

I mean the bite looks legit but I don't know how that would rule someone out like 2 weeks in advance.

All four entrants won qualifiers.Jake Crist beat Willie Mack, Rich Swann beat Dave Crist, Ethan Page beat Matt Sydal, and Trey Miguel beat Trevor Lee.

They are also pushing the idea that none of the 4 have ever been in an Ultimate X match (which is apparently the first time that's every happened - outside the first one naturally)

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 10:45 AM, RIPPA said:

Also - Moose is claiming he won't be able to make his match vs. Eddie Edwards because he got bit on his hand by a German Shepard (he posted it on social media)

Now I am 99% sure this is angle since... well Moose

I mean the bite looks legit but I don't know how that would rule someone out like 2 weeks in advance.

Parvo is a legit and worrisome disease, man!

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

I'm hoping either Comcast picks up Pursuit between now and then or Impact realizes Comcast customers won't get it thus they put the episode up on youtube like MLW did when we lost Bein Sports. 

I have Optimum, so youtube is how I watch MLW.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good show overall though nothing as blowaway great as the last couple Impact PPVs. Ultimate X was a fun opener as expected. Thought Ethan Page looked his best throughout. Felt Swann was the least of the 4 but figured he was winning, I have enjoyed the majority of his run here so far anyways. Good to see Rosemary back. Eddie/Moose is always awesome together, loved this one - great satisfying finish to their story for Eddie & Alisha. Callihan/Mack was pretty good, felt like it was just really getting going then it was over. Enjoyed the Monster's Ball but the finish was weak, sad there was no more Dreamer/Raven involvement. Should've had at least some throwback cameos throughout the night considering the theme.

LAX/Lucha Bros was a hell of a sprint. Finish felt really out of nowhere and looked like Pentagon just watched it happen from the outside but overall great stuff from both teams. Tessa/Taya was very solid again even though another controversial ending, loved the near falls towards the end. Thought for sure Gail accidentally hitting Taya with the title would be the finish to set up a future match. Cool moment for Taya to win the gold.  Main event was awesome aside from the weird finish. Loved Johnny mixing up the offense, springboard spear looked great along with the Countdown to Impact to the outside. Definitely was expecting Kross to cost Cage to spin them off into a feud but didn't happen that way so I was surprised to see Johnny retain, not 100% clean, but cleaner than that.

Good news for everyone here that doesn't have Pursuit, that Impact will be airing weekly on Twitch as well.

Full results for any who missed it:

*Rich Swann def. Ethan Page, Jake Crist, & Trey Miguel (13:45) in Ultimate X to win the X Division Championship.

*Allie & Su Yung def. Kiera Hogan & Jordynne Grace (8:59) when Allie used the mandible claw on Kiera. After the match, Allie and Su beat down Kiera and called for the Undead Bridesmaids to bring out the casket but Rosemary emerged from the casket making her return. Rosemary tossed Su into the bridesmaids then reached out to Allie in the ring but Allie ran from the ring.

*Eddie Edwards def. Moose (12:58) in a Falls Count Anywhere match with a DDT following a kendo stick beatdown after Alisha Edwards ran out seemingly to stop Eddie but then told him to let her do it as she beat Moose with the kendo stick as well.

*Sami Callihan (w/ Dave Crist) def. Willie Mack (10:03) after the Piledriver.

*Eli Drake def. Abyss (12:17) in the Monster's Ball match after beating him down with the boat paddle

*LAX (Ortiz & Santana)(c) def. The Lucha Bros (Fenix & Pentagon Jr.) (11:31) when Ortiz pinned Fenix after a series of double teams to retain the tag team championships. After the match, Konnan came out and said he was wrong that they couldn't separate the professional from the personal but he knew it would be a historic match in no better place than the Asylum. Everyone hugged and raised arms.

*Taya Valkyrie def. Tessa Blanchard(c) (10:47) to WIN the Knockouts Championship with the Road to Valhalla after Tessa got into it with Gail and Gail hit Eat Defeat on her to lead into the finish.

-It was announced that Impact will begin being simulcast on Twitch every week along with the Pursuit Network on Fridays at 10 est.

*Johnny Impact(c) def. Brian Cage (19:26) to retain the Impact Worlds Championship with a rollup after Cage got into it at ringside with Survivor's Nick Wilson and Davie Rickenbacker. After the match, Cage told Johnny he had him beat and threw the title to him then left. Taya Valkyrie joined Johnny in the ring to celebrate as they posed with both now as champions. As they prepared to leave the stage, Killer Kross attacked them from behind and powerbombed Taya into the crowd to end the show.

• Like 1

What a fucked up ending to the title match. That puts a damper on an otherwise very good show. Killer Kross tried to take some of the stench off that ending.

The tag title match should have closed the show to guarantee sending everyone home happy. 

I won't spoil it for anyone planning to watch the replay, but my markout moment of the night:

Spoiler

Rosemary is back!

• Like 2