DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXII - 1/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Am i the only one who finds this whole "declaring" thing to be dumb? Like, it's a foregone conclusion people will be in the Rumble. What are they going to do? Say "No, I want nothing to do with it". 

Maybe it's just the use of the word "declaring". it's more WWE speak. Like how you don't get a championship match. You get a championship opportunity. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Am i the only one who finds this whole "declaring" thing to be dumb? Like, it's a foregone conclusion people will be in the Rumble. What are they going to do? Say "No, I want nothing to do with it". 

Maybe it's just the use of the word "declaring". it's more WWE speak. Like how you don't get a championship match. You get a championship opportunity. 

It's insane to me there's no bingo-machine number drawing special done on the Network, or even on TV like with those big draft...oh, sorry, Superstar Shakeup episodes. I get it if they want surprises but at least do the top or bottom 5 or 10 as a little tease

• Like 2

Introducing EC3 by having him buy Truth's #30 spot would be a great way to get him over quickly. I'm not suggesting he win by any stretch but 5 minutes of domination before being dumped by the final two would be enough.

• Like 4

I will wait till after Smackdown to post the updated list but with John Cena saying he was in the Rumble the # of men officially entered is 16 (per WWE.com)

It also means that - for now - there will be no IC title match on the card

22 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Draw the numbers, show reactions, don't reveal what number they got. Have EC3 talking to people if they are happy with their numbers. 

Then, he goes off to find Drake Maverick to ask if he was happy with the AoP's numbers. 

"Drake, when you picked the numbers for your boys earlier, were you happy?"

"Hehehe, brotha unnnnbelievable!"

"That happy, huh?"

"Hey man, EXACITIGLY!"

Yeah, I've watched the '89 Royal Rumble just a few times in the past 30 years.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2019 at 4:15 PM, Phantom Lord said:

That’d be really funny, actually. Some heel is like “fuck no im not entering the Rumble! There’s 29 other guys! Money in the Bank only has 5! I’ll figure something else out...”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If guys can just declare they are in the Rumble what's to stop Curt Hawkins and the like from doing so?  Why can't he hop on Twitter and enter right now? 

He might be in it to break Santino's record of 1 second. Is a half second even possible? Well, it can always be fudged like King Kong Bundy's "8 second" win over SD Jones or 93,173 @ WM3.

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If guys can just declare they are in the Rumble what's to stop Curt Hawkins and the like from doing so?  Why can't he hop on Twitter and enter right now? 

That has always been one of those things that you aren't supposed to think about too much

I remember there was a year (Heck - maybe it was last year) where they had Cena declare and Steph was all "You can't do that!" and the reasoning was basically "because the heel authority says so"

Okay - Becky Lynch vs. Asuka for the Smackdown Women's Title is official... again

And the Bar vs. Miz/Shane for the SDL Tag titles is also official

The Cruiserweight Title - definitely will be on the kickoff show - match is officially now Buddy Murphy defending again Kalisto, Akira Tozawa and Hideo Itami

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That has always been one of those things that you aren't supposed to think about too much

I remember there was a year (Heck - maybe it was last year) where they had Cena declare and Steph was all "You can't do that!" and the reasoning was basically "because the heel authority says so"

I think that was Cena last year. 

Interested in the uni title match. Brock should end Braun in 6 mins tbh.

For the Rumbles, maybe Seth wins the men's and Charlotte for women or some random girl. I dont care much for surprises when nobody is one anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nate said:

Now that no one cares about Braun, NOW he deserves the title!  Just you wait ...

Well of course. That's Vince's grand booking plan for someone who should be a top guy. Make them look like shit for months or even years and then finally give the green light when no one cares.

• Like 2

Per Meltzer - Braun still hasn't been cleared yet - hence why the RAW segment went the way it did

It appears that they figure he will be cleared in time but something to file away