DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXII - 1/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

42 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

And wins? And gives a coked up interview afterwards? As tribute, of course.

But then we have to listen to over an hour of Corey Graves doing Bobby Heenan cosplay.

• Sad 1

I'm picking Mandy Rose for the women's Rumble.  First eliminated last year.  Last one standing this year.  Could easily see Naomi getting added to the WM match to make it a 3-way on the SD side too.

Styles for the men's Rumble.  Make up for the missed rematch at Survivor Series.

I don't get why they didn't just have McIntyre do the Cena injury angle.  It's a better WM matchup.

I want Rollins vs. Ambrose in a blindfold match at WM.  Cause justice is blind and all.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Would you like to be sprayed with Arrogance as well?

speaking of which, they should be getting around to putting Rick Martel in the HOF one of these years.

(I assume he's been back burnered because he took good care of himself and doesn't need the money/isn't about to die, but STILL)

• Like 3

Last year's men's Rumble was so well booked that my hopes are unnaturally high for this year's. I'll be half in the bag and full of home made sesame chicken so I'll enjoy it either way. 

My guess for "surprise entrant made to look strong and be eliminated by a bastard like Orton" is Velveteen Dream. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Since the show is during the day their time,, I wonder if the roof will be opened.  According to weather.com it is supposed to be sunny.  

I would think they want it closed to keep in the crowd noise.

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

I think the time is now to pull the trigger on a Big E / New Day championship run. 

The time is now. And last year. And the year before that. And even the year before that.

I love the Royal Rumble. They normally pick the safe/obvious choice, but you can talk yourself into it being any number of people because the path ahead seems so open and fluid. And with both the men and women having two main belts to choose between, they're not committing to a proper Mania closer if they do take a chance. Bryan and/or AJ would make plenty of sense against Orton, Ali, Andrade, Rey, Riddle, Hardy, Owens, Zayn, McIntyre, Miz, New Day, etc. There are lots of possibilities and I'm happy to fool myself into believing for an hour.

SHOULD WIN Men's Royal Rumble: Kofi Kingston

WILL WIN Men's Royal Rumble: Seth Rollins

SHOULD WIN Women's Royal Rumble: Charlotte Flair

WILL WIN Women's Royal Rumble: Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch

18 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

My insane fantasy booking, as mostly already laid out a couple weeks ago: BRO

My less wild but really hopeful fantasy booking: Anyone but Rollins

The only reason Rollins would be even vaguely acceptable (not to me, but to anyone) is that it wouldn't end the card. They have the luxury to go with Ronda as the main event this year.

• Like 1