DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXII - 1/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

27 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Speaking of that... what was the in-story reason for him being pulled from the match?

He ripped the door off of Vince's limo, Vince got pissed and said he was fined, and then Vince took away Braun's title match as additional punishment. At some point he tried to put the door back onto Vince's limo. Braun also flipped Vince's limo over.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Sasha putting a lot of effort into this match but I wonder how much time they'll get.  On one hand being in there with Ronda usually guarantees a good spot,  on the other hand it's the Rumble and despite it being 11 hours long they like to rush things. 

• Like 1

Assuming they are still laying out Ronda's ppv matches move for more and rehearsing them, I assume it's the one undercard match guaranteed to not get it's time cut.

Well, one of two. They aren't cutting Shane either.

So in that interview from the Royal Rumble superstore, Daniel Bryan (1)names the individual cows that died to make AJ Styles vests (2)rips apart a stuffed bear because its stupid and (3)threatens to slap anyone who buys his merchandise. Daniel Bryan wins the internet today, ladies and gentlemen

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

So in that interview from the Royal Rumble superstore, Daniel Bryan (1)names the individual cows that died to make AJ Styles vests (2)rips apart a stuffed bear because its stupid and (3)threatens to slap anyone who buys his merchandise. Daniel Bryan wins the internet today, ladies and gentlemen

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

Daniel Bryan won't be pleased to find my Yes is Dead, Daniel Bryan shirt arrived today...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, L_W_P said:

So who wins the men's Rumble folks?

Possible candidates - 

Seth Rollins - Has been the rumored winner for a while with a dethroning of Brock at Mania seemingly locked in. Poised to be THE guy on Raw. We have been swerved before though with Sheamus shockingly throwing out super favorite Chris Jericho in 2012.

Drew McIntyre - Will the "Chosen One" fulfil the prophecy that Vince McMahon spoke of all those years ago? Has been given a clear push as a single's star in recent months and a match with either Brock or Balor would deliver in the ring.

Braun Strowman - Pulled from the title match. Is he being held off for a true coronation at Mania? Some reports say he was set to win the title, others have since said Vince doesn't want him losing to Brock again. Making 1+1 = 5, maybe they are holding off on a title change for the Monster?

Randy Orton - Just returned to SDL and they have made it a point to highlight that he would join Austin as the other other 3 time winner. Is always over and appears to be a face again for now. Could be a make up for the horrible Wyatt run?

Mustafa Ali - A long shot, but they have done enough with Ali's short run on SDL to show that he is a legit threat in the main event scene. It would open up that 'anyone can win' feeling and Bryan can work a really good match with him in the midcard while the Universal title and the Rousey/Becky/Maybe Charlotte match main event.

AJ Styles/Daniel Bryan - Whoever loses the title match comes back to win the Rumble and set up a final confrontation at Mania. Not sure what AJ does if he isn't in the title scene.

The Miz - Another unlikely option but it wasn't long ago we all thought that Bryan v Miz was the title match that was coming. Face Miz v Heel Bryan would be an interesting dynamic & we know that these 2 would deliver big time in the build up.

Finn Balor - A great theory from the guys at Cultaholic: Finn Balor the 'man' loses to Brock, but then the 'demon' wins the Rumble and we get a full build to a rematch at Mania. I didn't consider Finn an option until today but I like the thinking & it's definitely something that can be used for a fresh start.

John Cena - Talk is he was set to put over Lars Sullivan but with Lars having some issues that might be off. Cena has been talked down & they are putting out word that he could miss the Rumble entirely. Getting another match with Brock after the birth of "Suplex City" writes itself. On the other hand, super vegan champion of the planet Bryan vs Corporate shill, private jetting movie star Cena would be off the charts. Maybe insert some Bellas stuff to really ramp up the main stream media and top it all off with Cena gunning for #17...

If it was me I would go with Ali. I think it's a chance to make a new star and really put out the feeling that anyone can win. It's a super long shot though so Im gonna go with John Cena. The injury will be a bit of a swerve and he will go on to face Bryan in what should be a crazy build and match.

Big E

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

You forgot (4)declaring himself champion of the cows.

• Like 2

The best part about all of this: There is zero chance Daniel Bryan is helping the low-wage arena retail worker (the type he is claiming to fight for) clean up the mess he made when trashing merch. 

That amazing promo where he started in the concession stands was also the work of a bully. He is a pro wrestler and can legit hurt everyone. So he provokes people by throwing their own food and drinks back at them. It is just textbook bullying. It is no different than some jock douche in high school shoving a kid into a locker knowing he can’t fight back (or Shayna kicking off arms in NXT). It is just with an anti-capitalist message, so there is just this gross hypocrisy on top of it. (On top of the whole “mind your own business about what other people are eating” thing).

But he is also calling people impotent and submissive and the reaction is to try and take selfies as opposed to throwing garbage (or fists). Can you imagine in 80s Memphis or 90s ECW going into the crowd and calling people submissive? It would be chaos. So he is proving himself right — these what chanting morons are busy with their phones. You can also make an argument that it is also mocking the whole meta shit of fans not reacting to what they are watching and instead into whatever some nebulous “writers” or whatever we think of Vince. People still love Daniel Bryan even though he hates and is literally attacking them. 

And the whole promo where he cut down Vince and his generation — we know Vince is a rich asshole, but he also created something we all love. And Vince just wanted to set a match between AJ (cheated out of his championship by DB, attacked as this symbolism of the greed of our society because people think his gloves are cool) and DB. Then DB hides behind 70-plus year old Vince to cheapshot AJ. It’s cowardice at its peak. 

I also know the obvious comp is evil sXe CM Punk. But I think it is more like evil Bob Backlund. 

I am here for it, though. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

See how they like to throw stats out there. The wrestler with the most cumulative time in Royal Rumbles is Chris Jericho, with 4 hours 56 minutes. After him, it's HHH (3 hrs 59), Michaels (3hrs 41), Kane (3hrs 33) and Rey (3 hrs 7). So if Rey and Kane draw #1 and #2, expect them to both go the distance and for the match to take at least 80 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1