DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXII - 1/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd rather watch Rollins/Balor than Brock/Braun again.

But your scenario included a Brock/Braun match at 'Mania, so you weren't actually sparing yourself that. And you're subjecting the rest of us to Rollins/Balor!

Brock only seems to care when he's with somebody on the ability level of AJ or Bryan.

Those are two wildly disparate ability levels...

Maybe Brock will be arsed to give a fuck working with Balor.

...and Balor is well below either.

Braun's ceiling should have been King Kong Bundy or the One Man Gang, a monster that gets his shot at the champion, doesn't win, but stays in the upper mid-card and can be placed in another title feud if needed.

Did the crowd ever latch onto Bundy or Gang the way they did Braun, though?

51 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

But your scenario included a Brock/Braun match at 'Mania, so you weren't actually sparing yourself that. And you're subjecting the rest of us to Rollins/Balor!

I didn't say I was going to watch Braun/Brock. That's got piss break, beer run, smoke break, however I use the time written all over it.

If Rollins does win, I could see him working Bryan at Mania. There doesn’t seem to be a natural opponent for Bryan at wrestle mania. Raw could get their challenger at elimination chamber. McIntyre, Strowman, Ambrose, are all guys who could come out of the chamber to challenge Balor. McIntyre or Ambrose would give Balor a natural heel matchup. Same with Rollins/Bryan. Then Strowman and Lesnar can kick the shit out of each other without the title. 

7 hours ago, just drew said:

If Rollins does win, I could see him working Bryan at Mania. There doesn’t seem to be a natural opponent for Bryan at wrestle mania. Raw could get their challenger at elimination chamber. McIntyre, Strowman, Ambrose, are all guys who could come out of the chamber to challenge Balor. McIntyre or Ambrose would give Balor a natural heel matchup. Same with Rollins/Bryan. Then Strowman and Lesnar can kick the shit out of each other without the title. 

Or the natural opponent is Shane because we deserve terrible things.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, just drew said:

I read that there was a plan to bring him back w Harper, but Harper needed surgery on a nagging injury. Damn shame what they’ve done to an innovative promo like Wyatt while Rollins drones on in his nasally grating voice about absolutely nothing...

Harper already had his surgery and is coming back with Rowan

Rowan just got cleared. Harper is supposedly close (including one site saying he already got cleared)

• Like 1

The two kickoff matches are

Rusev/Nakamura

Cruiserweight 4-way

Also regarding the kickoff show

The panel for the first hour will be Jonathan Coachman, Beth Phoenix, Booker T, and Jerry Lawler, with Shawn Michaels and David Otunga replacing Booker T and Lawler in the second hour. There will also be another panel with JBL and Charly Caruso.

10 hours ago, just drew said:

Selfishly after watching Jeff Hardy's tribute show last month I'd totally be behind a Jeff Hardy/Bryan match on a big show. 

Randy seems to be a face again so there's another option.

The AJ feud could be stretched to a potential blow off match there.

Rollins/Lesnar is the big match on the Raw side. 

From a press release that just went out:

Arizona Diamondbacks Events & Entertainment and Levy Restaurants will offer a special Royal Rumble burger that will be available at Chase Field this Sunday for WWE’s Royal Rumble event.

The Royal Rumble Burger features an 18 oz. pork bratwurst patty topped with Cheddar cheese, Applewood smoked bacon, crispy coleslaw, fried onions and barbeque aioli on a toasted onion roll and garnished with fried mac and cheese wedges.

The Royal Rumble burger will be available for $13 at the Taste of Chase stand on the main concourse on Sunday.

cTorjgj.jpg

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

How long are you in the washroom after that? I'd wager it could be anywhere from 30 seconds to an hour.

If logical, at least an hour, running back in at 2-minute intervals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

I hope it's a 4 way for the title at Mania - Lesnar, Rollins, Balor and Strowman, not necessarily because I want to see that match, but because I don't want to see the alternative 2 singles matches.

Lesnar works best in multi-man matches because his suplex city bs is diluted.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Lesnar works best in multi-man matches because his suplex city bs is diluted.

Ok, I see this happening ... Lesnaer tried to German Braun, but Braun counters with a go-behind.  Rollins tries to interfere, get tied up by Braun in front of Lesnar.  Balor tries to interfere, gets tied up by Braun in front of Rollins, FIRST EVER THREE VICTIM GERMAN!

• Like 1