9. Sonya Deville
  10. Alicia Fox
  11. Zelina Vega
  12. Mickie James
  13. Naomi*
  14. Peyton Royce*
  15. Billie Kaye*

NOTES: 

Sasha Banks and Finn Balor have both been removed from the lists per wwe.com (each has a title match on the show). Obviously doesn't mean they won't end up in match.

Naomi, Peyton Royce, Billie Kaye have all declared for the show either on TV or social media but are not listed by wwe.com yet

Kalisto was listed but then was removed

Clearly TJP's appeal fell on deaf ears

I wish they'd do storylines involving the swapping of future Rumble picks. It's easy "long term" storytelling, and gives them easy outs, and people will love the cutesy little winks to the year before. 

So many ways you could do it.

Top babyface or arrogant heel wins pick 30. Makes an agreement to trade down to pick 25-26 with other guy, because he can still win it from there, for rights to next year's pick and an undisclosed favour that's revealed at a later date. Top babyface has deck stacked against him next year. Not allowed in the Rumble. Calls in his future pick of #30 from guy from last year who can now no longer compete.

Returning from injury guy goes all in this year, and agrees with the GM that he enters at pick 30 because he has doubts his injury will let him last from pick 30, on proviso he enters at 1 the year after. Road to Wrestlemania starts earlier next year as guy realizes he went all in the year before and has no chance of winning at pick 1 this year.

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

I wish they'd do storylines involving the swapping of future Rumble picks. It's easy "long term" storytelling, and gives them easy outs, and people will love the cutesy little winks to the year before. 

So many ways you could do it.

Top babyface or arrogant heel wins pick 30. Makes an agreement to trade down to pick 25-26 with other guy, because he can still win it from there, for rights to next year's pick and an undisclosed favour that's revealed at a later date. Top babyface has deck stacked against him next year. Not allowed in the Rumble. Calls in his future pick of #30 from guy from last year who can now no longer compete.

Returning from injury guy goes all in this year, and agrees with the GM that he enters at pick 30 because he has doubts his injury will let him last from pick 30, on proviso he enters at 1 the year after. Road to Wrestlemania starts earlier next year as guy realizes he went all in the year before and has no chance of winning at pick 1 this year.

I don't think WWE can possibly book that far ahead these days. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

I read that starting tomorrow at noon every 30 mins on twitter WWE will official add another women to the Royal Rumble. 

Yup - no mention how many people are going to be announced 

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Apparently this announcement stuff is the worst thing ever according to Wrestling Twitter.   And one wonders why Wrestling Twitter isn't taken seriously. 

It was really baffling

Suddenly there were all these people who were like WHEN WE WERE GROWING UP WE DIDN'T KNOW AHEAD OF TIME! IT WAS A SURPRISE!!!

Because apparently they were too stupid to realize "Hey - Goldust in it every fucking year."

God I fucking hate wrestling fans

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It was really baffling

Suddenly there were all these people who were like WHEN WE WERE GROWING UP WE DIDN'T KNOW AHEAD OF TIME! IT WAS A SURPRISE!!!

Because apparently they were too stupid to realize "Hey - Goldust in it every fucking year."

God I fucking hate wrestling fans

Really,   I recall that they announced everyone ahead of time up until the aughts.  

• Like 2

The updated women's list per WWE.com

1. Natalya
  2. Bayley
  3. Ember Moon
  4. Ruby Riott
  5. Sarah Logan
  6. Liv Morgan
  7. Mickie James
  8. Alicia Fox
  9. Mandy Rose
  10. Sonya Deville
  11. Zelina Vega
  12. Charlotte Flair
  13. Naomi
  14. Tamina
  15. Peyton Royce
  16. Billie Kay
  17. Dana Brooke
  18. Lana
  19. Nia Jax
  20. Nikki Cross
  21. Carmella (#30)

If we assume the women in singles matches on the PPV aren't in the Rumble (most likely one will be but work with me) - the only people not announced on the roster are the Bellas, Alexa Bliss, Zelina Vega, Maria and Maryse

I assume Zelina is in and most of the rest have kayfabe reasons for not being in. You still have room for at least a half dozen "surprises"

21 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Really,   I recall that they announced everyone ahead of time up until the aughts.  

They did. I loved the opening video packages with Vince SCREAMING everybody's name who is in the Rumble that year. :D

DINO BRAVOOOO!!!!! RUGGED RONNIE GAAAARVIN!!!!! THE RED ROOOOOOOSTERR!!!!!

When was it that "surprises" really started with the Rumble? I think the first big one I can think of was John Cena returning at #30 two months after he left for arm surgery that was to have him out for 6 months. I don't think even the Attitude Era Rumbles were full of surprises, were they? Chyna showed up for one, which was a big deal I guess. But nothing like a returning Superstar or somebody brand new making their shocking debut. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

When was it that "surprises" really started with the Rumble? I think the first big one I can think of was John Cena returning at #30 two months after he left for arm surgery that was to have him out for 6 months. I don't think even the Attitude Era Rumbles were full of surprises, were they? Chyna showed up for one, which was a big deal I guess. But nothing like a returning Superstar or somebody brand new making their shocking debut. 

But even then she'd won a rumble on Raw to earn that spot so it wasn't a shock. The only surprises were when someone got jacked for their number like Spike Dudley.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The updated women's list per WWE.com

1. Natalya
  2. Bayley
  3. Ember Moon
  4. Ruby Riott
  5. Sarah Logan
  6. Liv Morgan
  7. Mickie James
  8. Alicia Fox
  9. Mandy Rose
  10. Sonya Deville
  11. Zelina Vega
  12. Charlotte Flair
  13. Naomi
  14. Tamina
  15. Peyton Royce
  16. Billie Kay
  17. Dana Brooke
  18. Lana
  19. Nia Jax
  20. Nikki Cross
  21. Carmella (#30)

If we assume the women in singles matches on the PPV aren't in the Rumble (most likely one will be but work with me) - the only people not announced on the roster are the Bellas, Alexa Bliss, Zelina Vega, Maria and Maryse

I assume Zelina is in and most of the rest have kayfabe reasons for not being in. You still have room for at least a half dozen "surprises"

Solid deduction.

Foley doing the Three Faces in 98 might be the first real "surprise" entrant unless you count the random people showing up to no reaction like Tenryu and Carlos Colon, or King doing the in-and-out in 97. Giant Gonzales debuted during the 93 Rumble but wasn't an official entrant. Drew Carey was what, 99? Chyna wasn't a surprise, as I recall her winning that spot on TV beforehand. They announced the "surprise" returns in 2002 ahead of time (Perfect, Goldust, Venis, ?)

• Like 1

So, decided to look back at the list of Rumbles and I think I'd consider Haku showing up in the 2001 Rumble as the first big surprise entrant. There were unannounced participants in other years (Mil Mascaras in '97, Bob Backlund in 2000, etc), but nothing too surprising. Haku showing up at the Rumble in 2001 when he was the current WCW Hardcore Champion in 2001 was the most surprising up to that point. After that, as I figured, big surprise entrants started in 2008 with John Cena (2008 also had the surprise entries of Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka). And every year since, the Rumble has featured at least one big surprise return or debut.

35 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I swear one year around 91ish they announced 29 guys plus a mystery guy, but then the mystery guy was just a random dude from the roster.

The 91 Rumble had a couple of issues with the lineup that may have led the WWF to announce being "one man short" …

-- Andre was announced as an entrant, then removed

-- HTM was announced as an entrant, but left the company before the Rumble

-- Bleacher Report mentioned that Buddy Rose was listed as an entrant in WWF Magazine, but he was also gone by the time the Rumble happened

Was Brian Knobbs the mystery guy? It seemed odd that Knobbs and not Jerry Sags competed in the Rumble (Sags had a dark match with Sam Houston)

• Like 1