DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXII - 1/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

While you're wondering that, I'm wondering if we get Riddle in the men's rumble. 

My guess is from NXT men you'll probably get 3 of these:  Ricochet, Ciampa, Gargano, Aleister Black, or Adam Cole (Bay Bay) (or another an Undisputed Era).   I'd say Riddle is a hair too new and they still want to wash the Bellator off him 

Of the NXT women, I'd hazard a guess that 3 of these:  Baszler, Shirai, Bianca Belair, Candice LaRae, or Kairi.   I'd have added Dakota Kai, but she's hurt.

1 hour ago, FakeWorker said:

Any chance we get Meiko Satomura in the women's Rumble?  Would certainly feel like a more credible threat than Kelly Kelly again.

Not likely, but not impossible. They apparently  have an open policy with her, and she has said she would return in 2019. I feel like that will likely be more for NXT level stuff like maybe a Takeover match or another MYC if they keep doing it annually.

35 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

My guess is from NXT men you'll probably get 3 of these:  Ricochet, Ciampa, Gargano, Aleister Black, or Adam Cole (Bay Bay) (or another an Undisputed Era).   I'd say Riddle is a hair too new and they still want to wash the Bellator off him 

Of the NXT women, I'd hazard a guess that 3 of these:  Baszler, Shirai, Bianca Belair, Candice LaRae, or Kairi.   I'd have added Dakota Kai, but she's hurt.

Last year was the first time there was 2 NXT men in the match (all previous years since 2013 had only 1. There weren't any in 2015).

I highly doubt - especially with the size of the roster - that we are getting 3 NXT Men in the match

Women is a different story since it will all depend on how many nostalgic acts they decided to use. There are currently 27 main roster women (if you include the Bellas who are still listed on WWE.com). Add in Lacey Evans and Nikki Cross and you are at 29.

30 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Do we really need NXT guys in the Rumble? As it is more than half of the main roster doesn't make the cut.

I liked it the one year they did it where there was an NXT tournament at Rumble Axxess for a spot in the Rumble.  Aside from something like that or an actual main roster debut, it doesn't make a lot of sense.  

If anything I'd think an NXT guy showing up as a Rumble surprise would take away from their eventual main roster debut. Imagine wasting a potentially very exciting Aleister Black debut on a five minute appearance in a Rumble he has no hope of winning. What's the point?

5 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

If anything I'd think an NXT guy showing up as a Rumble surprise would take away from their eventual main roster debut. Imagine wasting a potentially very exciting Aleister Black debut on a five minute appearance in a Rumble he has no hope of winning. What's the point?

I’ll happily concede that not every performer would be best-served by a Rumble cameo. Big babyfaces with hot shit entrances like Black, I can see your point. 

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Layla El and Victoria would be ok.

Actually I wouldn't mind these two being the nostalgia acts.

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Plans Change or unsanctioned match?

Plans change. My guess is the graphic got out there despite it not being the official plan. Your comment does however make me realize that Rousey vs. Charlotte should totally happen at the Rumble as an unsanctioned match.

• Like 1

My dream scenario is an NXT guy winning the Rumble. Rocket strap that motherfucker right from day one. Wins the Rumble, wins the title so Mania, gets established before the main roster knocks all the NXT shine off Adam Cole Bay Bay or Velveteen Dream or whoever.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

My dream scenario is an NXT guy winning the Rumble. Rocket strap that motherfucker right from day one. Wins the Rumble, wins the title so Mania, gets established before the main roster knocks all the NXT shine off Adam Cole Bay Bay or Velveteen Dream or whoever.

I like Aleister Black for this idea. I think with Undertaker part time and Roman sidelined someone needs that kind of aura. Black could be that guy.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I like Aleister Black for this idea. I think with Undertaker part time and Roman sidelined someone needs that kind of aura. Black could be that guy.

I'm not even really tied to anyone in particular (although it should definitely be someone that is over, you know?) just the idea of using the Rumble to make a fucking star.

Hell, Ricochet would work too. Imagine heading to Mania, Bryan vs The One and Only. Or Black. Or Dream. Or Cole (BAY BAY.) Or...

• Like 4

That would be an awesome scenario but there's enough guys on the main roster already that could use a king-making win at the Rumble. Really, outside of AJ, Seth, and Braun, ALL of them could use it. McIntyre and Finn have been floated but there's also guys like Almas, Rusev, Big E, Cesaro, Killian Dain, Samoa Joe, and even Mustafa Ali now, not to mention Zayn and Owens returning. Some of those are a little far fetched but I'd buy any of them with the right booking. And if you suddenly put Matt Riddle over all those guys his first night in, someone would balk.

Also, New Day with Big E at the front taking on Brock would be a fun and different match, especially if the ladies are headlining and the Universal title is mid-card somewhere.