DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXII - 1/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Let's start this.

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Braun Strowman Finn Balor

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP: Daniel Bryan (c) vs. AJ Styles

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP: Asuka (c) vs. Becky Lynch

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP: Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Sasha Banks

* - FOR THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP: Rusev (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: The Bar (c) vs. The Miz/Shane McMahon

* - FATAL 4 WAY FOR THE WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Kalisto vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Hideo Itami

30-MAN ROYAL RUMBLE FOR A TITLE MATCH AT WRESTLEMANIA 35 - R. Truth enters at #30

30-WOMAN ROYAL RUMBLE FOR A TITLE MATCH AT WRESTLEMANIA 35 - Carmella enters at #30

* - Pre-show match.

I'll update as warranted. 

3 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Brock wins.

Seff or Finn wins the rumble? Or AJ? 

The original plan was Rollins beating Lesnar at Mania (I should clarify that that is post Reigns diagnosis)

So Rollins would be the winner on the RAW side

AJ is the only option on the SDL side

Since it seems a lock that Becky is winning the women's - Rollins seems the safer bet

4 minutes ago, CSC said:

I think you mean #30 - Dance break followed by someone running through R-Truth. 

The two most likely scenarios I've seen theorized

A) Truth tries to enter the Women's Rumble (which somehow forfeits his #30 in the men's rumble)

2) Truth enters at #3

You're a fool if you don't think we're getting a Rumble Dance Break in each one this year...

If not for that, I figured the most likely would have been for him to do something during their Titan Towers vacation to get the spot stripped/get fired. 

8 minutes ago, D.Z said:

I don't think they will let Seth beat Brock at mania. Women rumble winner probably is Charlotte. They can have Asuka drop the belt before mania to Becky.

Again - the reported plan is Charlotte is facing Rousey at Rumble so she won't even be in the Rumble

Who knows if ends up happening but that was the planned course and why Asuka was added to the TLC match so Rousey could get her singles matches with Charlotte and Becky

I'm sticking with my theory of a Ronda/Charlotte/Becky triple threat at WM. Charlotte/Becky double elimination at Royal Rumble.

The men's side seems a bit trickier. Rollins, McIntyre and Styles are my early leaders. If the rumors of Vince being sour on his match with Ambrose at TLC are true, Rollins could be nudged to the side. Styles moving to Raw would give that show a stabilizing force and since Bryan is WWE champ. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I'm sticking with my theory of a Ronda/Charlotte/Becky triple threat at WM. Charlotte/Becky double elimination at Royal Rumble.

That's the WrestleMania main event. Like the idea of co-winners of the Royal Rumble match, last time was in 1994 with Bret Hart and Lex Luger.

1 hour ago, Gorman said:

I thought Vince said there would never be co-winners of the Rumble again, which is why he angrily broke up the Cena-Batista situation and tore both quads.

That's the men's Rumble pal. Goddamn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Is there any reason to assume supplemental nostalgia talent won't be required to carry this thing again? 

Meltzer said a couple of weeks ago (in response to a tweet) that the plan was to include nostalgia acts in the women's Rumble again (probably not as many as last year though)