DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 12/25/18

victor

11 hours ago, Greggulator said:

How did that go nowhere? It added a ton of heat to his KOTR match against Shane McMahon — in other words, a really big match. And Sami turned in that match, which led to a bunch of fun stuff until they both got hurt.

Obviously we need to ignore the months of high profile matches they got out of that angle, including Daniel Bryan's return match at WM, because Owens and Zayn didn't get pushed to the moon, Greg. ?‍♂️

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

It feels a couple of months too late to me but crowd seemed into it. What's Lana for at this point?

Hopefully we get a Joe vs Rusev program, I worry that he's going to get Orton though.

Yep. Lana is actually taking away from Rusev at this point. Those contacts are annoying as hell.

Rusev Day celebration to be cut short by a "true American success story". A man every citizen dreams they could be. Someone who truly represents the best of America. Not the immigrants coming in and stealing women, jobs and titles but the elite of US society. The personification of a self made man. A man who, just like the President, can proudly call himself the top 1%...

Related image

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Yep. Lana is actually taking away from Rusev at this point. Those contacts are annoying as hell.

Rusev Day celebration to be cut short by a "true American success story". A man every citizen dreams they could be. Someone who truly represents the best of America. Not the immigrants coming in and stealing women, jobs and titles but the elite of US society. The personification of a self made man. A man who, just like the President, can proudly call himself the top 1%...

Related image

Eliminate the line about the president, and that is a great intro for EC3.

I don't echo the same sentiments about Lana. I think Rusev feels incomplete without her. Ex. League of Nations

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:55 PM, JonnyLaw said:

Or have Aiden team with Nakamura as the Artistes. Nak needs the help more than Rusev.

You know, you could do worse then this idea. Aiden was kind of the sleeper getting over in this whole deal, but you can't argue that he wasn't a big part of the Rusev Day surge. You could tie in the whole "forgetting" how to speak English deal from a while back with Aiden talking for Nakamura "because a true artist of his caliber will not lower himself to speak to people like you." Plus, I know I'm not the only one who wants to hear Aiden do the sing along with Nakamura's entrance,

• Like 4

I know Daniel's being a dick about how he points it out but it's baffling how we're supposed to boo a man who's telling the truth.  All that stuff was accurate and it was sad hearing the crowd cheer about it.  Kind of wish they'd let him find ways to talk about that while as a face so people actually cared.  But aside from that he was great.  R Truth just annoys me anymore and I was glad to see him get taken out.

The rest of the show itself was pretty good.  Loved Andrande/Ali and Rusev/Nakamura.  I'm curious how dark side AJ will pan out but I did like Vince in the segment.  The only thing I didn't care for was Corey's gay joke at Byron when New Day came out.  Other than that it was good.

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I know Daniel's being a dick about how he points it out but it's baffling how we're supposed to boo a man who's telling the truth.  All that stuff was accurate and it was sad hearing the crowd cheer about it.  Kind of wish they'd let him find ways to talk about that while as a face so people actually cared.

Do we need to post the pic of the McMahons in the Oval Office again to remind you who runs this dumb company?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Do we need to post the pic of the McMahons in the Oval Office again to remind you who runs this dumb company?

Ugh, I've been trying to scrub that shit from my memory ever since I first saw it.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Thought the same ever since they did that initial backstage seg where Lana implied to Rusev that Aiden was holding him back, before they dropped it and stayed a team for awhile. The eventual turn went exactly as predicted here, with Aiden being off TV ever since. Also down for Rusev/EC3.

• Like 1

Aiden and Rusev together did this strange, weird thing where, get this, they helped each other both get over. Like Rusev had gotten the Rusev Day thing over pretty well, while Aiden was dead in the water. Then they paired up and got absolutely red hot. It looks like Rusev has mostly managed to keep the heat, but Aiden is... Oh look, dead in the water.

There's nothing wrong with Aiden being a second and a heater in a great act, but ever since Bret and Shawn became stars, WWE is always looking to split a team the second they get over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Aiden and Rusev together for this strange, weird thing where, get this, they helped each other both get over. Like Rusev had gotten the Rusev Day thing over pretty well, while Aiden was dead in the water. Then they paired up and got absolutely red hot. It looks like Rusev has mostly managed to keep the heat, but Aiden is... Oh look, dead in the water.

There's nothing wrong with Aiden being a second and a heater in a great act, but ever since Bret and Shawn became stars, WWE is always looking to split a team the second they get over.

Yep. Unless they had legit heat with each other and didn't want to be working together anymore there was no reason to split them up. The act was getting huge reactions.

If Nakamura is sticking around then Aiden helping him get the US title back and screwing over Rusev is a perfectly acceptable build to Mania. Keep Nak and Aiden as a team like someone suggested and you get around all of Nak's issues with cutting promos. It's literally win-win-win.