DVDVR Message Board

SDL is the Oh Five Four~ - 12/18/2018

Dolfan in NYC

25 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Serious question -

If we are getting Charlotte v Becky v Ronda in the Main Event, and if Rollins is locked in to face Lesnar...

Then would a Mustafa Ali “fluke” Rumble win be out of the question? Stick them in the middle of the show & let Bryan make this guy a star.

He would have a Mania worthy entrance & it would really open up the “anyone can win” feeling that the Rumble should have.

I’d love it. It’d be more than worthy as a secondary title match. But I don’t see it. The Rumble winners the last while are among the most obvious choices. And Mustafa is likely too unproven in management’s eyes to get the spot.

I figure Bryan-Ali is a TV feud. Maybe he slips into the Rumble title match at best. 

It was good seeing Naomi actually featured for once. Its been too long and the match with Asuka was nice. I'm glad they are sticking to the end of mandatory rematches. I liked Vince pushing Charlotte and Becky to go after Rousey.

The Good Brothers have never really done much for me wrestling wise so them appearing again didn't really do much for me. I did like the Sanity attack at the end. ts good that SDL has remembered that they can use more than three teams in the tag division.

Miz's interaction with Vince was fun.

The main event tag was nice, and I'm glad Almas and Ali got featured so much. Ali winning was a nice surprise. I like that he is joining SDL as a fresh face and build off of the Bryan match though I'm not really sure how far he can go.

Kind of sad Paige is out as GM. She was the most competent one seemingly ever.

Another good SDL. Feels like a more solid move forward than what Raw gave us.

I've been wanting them to use the Rumble to make a new star for years. Take someone from out of nowhere straight to a Mania title match. 

I love putting Ali in the mix. If your title picture is built around AJ and Bryan, there is no reason not to let smaller guys who can go get a shot. Hell, other than Joe and KO, it's basically been a cruiserweight division since Jinder was dropped out of the picture a year ago. Hell, it's basically been like the old school X Division, but without the confusing "what the fuck is it?" issue. More of this please (and hell can we get Bàlor over there with them?)

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Only a matter of time...

Vince: Hey, pal!

Ali: Hey, Mr. Mcmahon.

Vince: Call me, Vince!

Ali: Sure Mr. Mc... I mean Vince!

Vince: HAHA... Hey, kid, have you seen Aladdin?

Ali: Yeah, of course I’ve seen it.

Vince: Really? I just saw it for the first time on TV.

Ali: Oh no...

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

JAPW 11th Anniversary Show
2008/12/13 @ Recreation Center in Rahway, New Jersey (United States of America)
Archadia defeated The Amazing Red and Flip Kendrick and Grim Reefer and Louis Lyndon and Prince Mustafa Ali and Shiima Xion [7-Way Match]

It is BEYOND mind-blowing to think that one of those tiny dudes me and @Rev Ray saw almost 10 years ago to the day just fucking pinned the WWE champion clean as a sheet on live TV, much less the one doing a dime-a-dozen Arab heel gimmick.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

The NXT callup package airing on SD a few times made it a little more ambiguous as to which show they're all going to. That means we might get Heavy Machinery on SD which means we could get a Dozer/Big E interaction.

Would also just load the Smackdown tag scene to a silly degree

Bar, Usos, New Day, Gallows and Anderson, Sanity, and Heavy Machinery in one division? Yes.

Also Smackdowns mens upper card right now features Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Mustafa Ali, Andraede Almas, Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe, Randy Orton, and Rey Mysterio. Take Randy Orton out of the equation there and that is 7 wrestlersI do greatly enjoy watching.

4 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Would also just load the Smackdown tag scene to a silly degree

Bar, Usos, New Day, Gallows and Anderson, Sanity, and Heavy Machinery in one division? Yes.

Also Smackdowns mens upper card right now features Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Mustafa Ali, Andraede Almas, Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe, Randy Orton, and Rey Mysterio. Take Randy Orton out of the equation there and that is 7 wrestlersI do greatly enjoy watching.

Ship Orton to Raw for Finn.