DVDVR Message Board

SDL is the Oh Five Four~ - 12/18/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Put Nikki back with Sanity and give them a run with tag belts. 

Sanity vs. the Good Brothers? Maybe, AJ helping out his brothers in some six man's vs. Sanity? Yes, please.

...and fuck that guy yelling "Go back to TNA" at Eric Young. You're not edgy or funny.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Put Nikki back with Sanity and give them a run with tag belts. 

Sanity vs. the Good Brothers? Maybe, AJ helping out his brothers in some six man's vs. Sanity? Yes, please.

...and fuck that guy yelling "Go back to TNA" at Eric Young. You're not edgy or funny.

The Good Brothers and AJ ca. Young/Dain/Cross

That would be a fine semi-main event anywhere

That Asuka/Naomi match was absolutely awesome. The super side leg sweep looked killer, split legged moonsault countered into Asukalock attempts coming off like a legit struggle leading up to the Rear End for a great looking near fall before the eventual finish. Loved it. Also dig Vince getting involved there setting it up, adding an extra feeling of importance to it all. I'm probably one of few, but I always really enjoy Otunga on commentary. Looked like Ali crushed Bryan with knees on the 054 for sure.

11 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

Bryan definitely got a knee to the head on that finish. Ali almost broke character after the pin to see if he was alright. Hope Bryan is ok.

It's weird how this happened the same day I hear Mustafa on Lillian's podcast.  He said he doesn't have any control over the 054 but luckily it hasn't badly hurt anybody.  I sure hope Daniel's okay but I definitely heard Ali say "Sorry, man" before backing away.

That said I'm over the moon thrilled to see Mustafa on the SD roster.  I'm a fan of him as a wrestler but an even bigger man of him as a man.  I sense Daniel had a hand in making him look this strong which is to be commended.  It's not often that a champion would just get pinned by a newcomer and it's not based off of some weird fluke.

Also, we had a full-on return of "I have 'til 5!" and I flipped my shit.  I know he kind of did it Sunday but hearing the way he did it tonight made me smile a wicked smile.  Gotdamn I loved that main event which capped off a damn great episode of Smackdown.

Unlike RAW, this show actually did shake things up a bit. Naomi gets a title shot. Good Brothers and Sanity appear and re-insert themselves into the tag division. Mustafa Ali now a permanent member of the roster, and then getting a pin on the WWE Champ. Good stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well THAT wasn't the ending I expected.  

That finish didn't surprise me at all.  I WISH I could remember what podcast it was but Daniel Bryan once told the host that all he wanted to do was make people who deserved it.  And he went on about how talented Heath Slater was but no one knew it because he was a joke.  But Daniel wanted to have a series with him and make him legit.  And that's what we got tonight.  A 205 guy who at best gets to be on the preshow pins the champ.  

EDIT:  Well, I didn't find that interview but I found a similar one where he said the same thing about Tyson Kidd (before his injury)  Its a Wrestling with Rosenburg podcast.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This was an enjoyable show for sure.  That main event tag.   Nice to see Naomi get some shine against Asuka too.  Good Brothers looked solid against the Usos.  

Fucking Big E..  lol

tumblr_pjyn9xVKJh1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

He was just licking that sandwich like it was a popsicle.  I get that he probably watches calories or something but that's just weird man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

He was just licking that sandwich like it was a popsicle.  I get that he probably watches calories or something but that's just weird man.

It's not calories, it's carbs, man.  I totally relate.  Every time I'm offered a donut or cake at work I pass, and I'm treated like I just spat on them.  It's no different than Austin drinking a beer and 80% of it spills all over him.

I am so happy tonight. The Miz/Vince interaction put a smile on my face. The Rusev backstage interview put a smile on my face. The DB promo had me cracking up, especially at the fans celebrating being the most pollutant in California(only thing missing was a "We're Number 1!" chant). Mustafa Ali won the Main Event on a Main Roster TV show. This is how wrestling is supposed to make you feel.

• Like 5

The only thing I didn’t care for was when Vince dressed down Becky and Charlotte.  I thought it was really dumb when he talked about them making excuses, how anything goes in TLC matches and, my chief problem with any McMahon-wrestler who hasn’t been around WWE for 10-15 years: that they just stand there and get shit on and aren’t allowed to reply.  Now they can undo some of that by Becky and/or Charlotte showing up on Raw to beat down Ronda and saying “Well you told us to stop making excuses!” but that will never happen