DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 12/24/18

victor

On 12/24/2018 at 8:10 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Vince made a couple announcements tonight [dressed as Santa].   

- John Cena is coming back to both RAW and SDL.  

- Women's tag team titles finally announced.  No word on if RAW exclusive. 

- Ziggler vs. Drew next week in a steel cage. 

So much for fresh matches and match-ups. 

As much as I abhor Ronda as a person (will try not to bring that up going forward) I can't help but appreciate what she's been doing.  According to Meltzer that match was called in the ring which is impressive considering how little she's been wrestling.  It was hard not to get sucked in when you have Ronda's hesitation with hurting Nattie and how it seemed to pain her to do it.  And while those emotions might have been real it was neat seeing her crying after the match over defeating her best friend.   So good for her and WWE for so far presenting her in the best way possible.

• Like 3

Let's start hot shotting ratings have a universal title change on Raw, something. Let's build a match for two weeks Brock vs Fin or something, lets see if it pops the ratings. fuck it. Im watching the show on Hulu right now, I'll have a write up soon.

15 hours ago, D.Z said:

1.775 million viewers

I honestly expected it to be worse considering it was on Christmas Eve.  It's generally going to be a non-factor anyway considering it was on that day (and I'm sure the same goes for NYE)  Now if that was the rating for two weeks from now or even when it's building toward Mania then that'd be reason for WWE to be concerned.

They can rearrange Raw a lot but the writing and structure and the roles are never gonna change. Some fans even leave because of content not just booking.

I'm expecting Raw to have 1.5 in the next decade as the norm. They will in the meantime go back to 2.0 plus.

57 minutes ago, D.Z said:

They can rearrange Raw a lot but the writing and structure and the roles are never gonna change. Some fans even leave because of content not just booking.

I'm expecting Raw to have 1.5 in the next decade as the norm. They will in the meantime go back to 2.0 plus.

There's a lot of factors involved obviously but Smackdown had more viewers than Raw this week. Maybe this is part of Vince's long term plan to make the brands more equal for the move to Fox.

Vince's logic is to have Raw as the secondary show eventually but Smackdown next year as the flagship show.  In the meantime Smackdown is still the  b brand with how they handle the world title, Smackdown losing to Raw at Survivor Series. 

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/smackdown-live-fox-october-2019?sf192637728=1

I watched on Hulu things were cut I'm commenting on what I watched:

The Miracle on 34th Street Fight was cool. There was some fun spots, the legos (ten years ago it would have been thumbtacks) and Rushes bump off the apron onto the table of cookies stand out to men. Elias is over as fuck I'll say that much. This wasn't the best Miracle of 34th match that one goes to the first one between Randy Orton and David Otunga

Gable and Roode look like a team and work like a team. Bobby Roode is good at making a random pairing and making it a cohesive tag team (see Beer Money). Gable is best in a tag team. I hope they get a long run as Champs, they look really good. Revival are great they deserve more but looked good against Gable and Roode.

Drew was protected in that triple threat. I mean Balor and Dolph looked strong too but Drew is on another level. If Brock doesn't beat Brock which would be a mistake, I really hope Drew wins the rumble and unseats Brock at Mania. 

Paul can cut a fucking promo. Braun is over. It's time to have win pin Brock for the title. Have Brock lose with his foot on the rope so they have an out, if they don't have faith in Braun but just give him the belt even for one night. Let Braun win the big one.

Ronda vs Natayla was really good. Better than I expected it to be. I liked the story of Ronda not wanting to hurt her friend and it biting her when Nattie sank in the Sharpshooter. 

Rollins vs Corbin was what it should have been. Corbin eats a bunch of offense and Rollins looks strong after losing the IC title at TLC.

Fun 90 minute Raw.

I'd kinda like to see Braun pin Brock for the Universal Championship, Finn wins Rumble. They run some angle between Drew and Brock the Raw after and at Mania we get Braun vs Fin with Finn going over and Drew vs Brock with Drew going over.