Dolfan in NYC

So basically anytime they run a Women's gauntlet match on RAW it will have

Bayley starting first and winning the first two matches

Ruby Riott losing to the eventual winner

Sasha Banks coming out last

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, caley said:

My favourite part of the night was Corey saying he doesn’t follow 2Paws because he’s “a cat and cats don’t belong on social media” then goes silent before adding “Then again so is Lince Dorado”.  Then Cole goes “He’s on social media?” and Graves goes “No he’s a cat” and it just goes dead silent so you know that Cole and Graves are laughing at how stupid the exchange was and I just imagine Vince screaming “Get back to the match, Goddammit!”

I imagine it’s more early 90’s Vince laughing at bad Rob Bartlett jokes.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with having an authority figure. You just don’t have to use him every fucking week, or have him do “WHAT NOW?”sketches like he’s Kermit on the Muppet Show. Just somebody who shows up occasionally to make a big match, and suspend somebody. The top heel wrestler should be the top heel. They should’ve realized that several times by now. Especially after Seth Rollins had to take a backseat to the Authority drama.

They caught lightning in a bottle with Vince Vs. Stone Cold. Honestly that was mostly because of Austin. Vince had some okay stuff outside of it. But nothing has held up like that one feud.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Guys, we're so close to a backstage video of Vince and Otis hanging out. Vince will be like, you know what, I've now seen it all and I can finally step down. 

When Vince sees the NXT show where Otis explains how he destroyed the Performance Center bathroom to William Regal he might give him a title match 

• Like 1

It is good to know that I can binge game Destiny 2 on Monday nights and not miss a fucking thing on RAW

Oh, wait.  I apparently spared myself a punch to my own face if I had wasted my time watching this slop.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

When Vince sees the NXT show where Otis explains how he destroyed the Performance Center bathroom to William Regal he might give him a title match 

I imagine Vince weeping that someone like Otis was only able to come around during Vince's twilight.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

It is good to know that I can binge game Destiny 2 on Monday nights and not miss a fucking thing on RAW

Oh, wait.  I apparently spared myself a punch to my own face if I had wasted my time watching this slop.

Raw actually wasn't THAT bad. Right now, we're just in a holding pattern and I think that was something a lot of folks breezed over. I mean, sure, the answer being LOL MOAR MCMAHONS is what we all knew was coming, but they did say they'll be able to share more in the weeks to come. I'm guessing that either they really do have a plan and we'll learn about it around the time of the January 7 Raw since we'll be past the holidays or they're all full of shit and there is no plan and their only answer is more McMahons.

Honestly, the roadmap for improving Raw isn't complicated. A former Raw writer shared 6 different ways to revitalize a 3-hour Raw and they all sounded like shit any other person not named Kevin Dunn could pull off.

I gave last night a shot watching it semi-live.  I don't necessarily regret my decision but it feels weird going back to it after swearing it off.   I'm still really pissed about the whole Saudi thing (still looking for alternatives ways to watch) but to their credit there wasn't mention of Roman during Dean/Seth's segment or even mention of Jim Neidhardt during Nattie's time out there.  I'm slightly intrigued by what they have in store and hope that what they do warrants me giving them another shot.  Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I gave last night a shot watching it semi-live.  I don't necessarily regret my decision but it feels weird going back to it after swearing it off.   I'm still really pissed about the whole Saudi thing (still looking for alternatives ways to watch) but to their credit there wasn't mention of Roman during Dean/Seth's segment or even mention of Jim Neidhardt during Nattie's time out there.  I'm slightly intrigued by what they have in store and hope that what they do warrants me giving them another shot.  Time will tell.

The only reason why I even watch Raw at all is because I have two monitors on my gaming PC and Mondays is one of the main days I play Dota. So while I'm playing that, I'll usually have Raw turned on because the other option is MNF and it's hard to switch back and forth while I'm playing a game.

If it weren't for gaming on Mondays, I don't know if I'd watch Raw at all.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The only reason why I even watch Raw at all is because I have two monitors on my gaming PC and Mondays is one of the main days I play Dota. So while I'm playing that, I'll usually have Raw turned on because the other option is MNF and it's hard to switch back and forth while I'm playing a game.

If it weren't for gaming on Mondays, I don't know if I'd watch Raw at all.

My reason for not watching was I hated that I was adding to their ratings when it was shitty.  Don't know if watching the next day adds to it or not but it's something.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Mandatory rematch clauses have never been a hard and fast rule. It was like the DQ title change rule in TNA. It was only enforced and used when they wanted it to be. 

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Not remotely true. They have been enforced hard for years now in WWE. Its one the reasons we have too many damn rematches.

Sooo I actually went and checked this.  In 2018, prior to Shane denying AOP their rematch, there have been 27 cases where a WWE champ or champs lost their title in a match.  2 of those happened at TLC so it's too soon to say whether there'll be a rematch.  In 18 of the 25 remaining cases, there was a televised rematch for the title, and when there's no rematch there's usually a clear reason why.  So it happens most of the time, but not absolutely always.

The 7 cases where there was no rematch:

Randy Orton def. Bobby Roode Mar 11 for the US Title
Jinder Mahal def. Randy Orton Apr 8 for the US Title (no rematch because Jinder lost the title to Jeff Hardy a week later)
Braun Strowman & Nicholas def. The Bar Apr 8 for the Raw Tag Titles (no rematch because Nicholas wasn't ever gonna wrestle & they vacated the titles a day later)
Roman Reigns def. Brock Lesnar Aug 19 for the Universal Title (I believe there was a rematch set for Crown Jewel, but it was rebooked when Reigns vacated)
New Day def. Bludgeon Brothers Aug 21 for the Smackdown Tag Titles
Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose def. Dolph Ziggler & Drew MacIntyre Oct 22 for the Raw Tag Titles (no rematch because they went into the Seth/Dean split from there)
AOP def. Seth Rollins Nov 5 for the Raw Tag Titles (as above, no rematch because Seth/Dean had split)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Sooo I actually went and checked this.  In 2018, prior to Shane denying AOP their rematch, there have been 27 cases where a WWE champ or champs lost their title in a match.  2 of those happened at TLC so it's too soon to say whether there'll be a rematch.  In 18 of the 25 remaining cases, there was a televised rematch for the title, and when there's no rematch there's usually a clear reason why.  So it happens most of the time, but not absolutely always.

"Televised" is an important caveat, of course. Mandatory rematches after a title change has been a rule since at least the '80s, but I believe they usually happened on the next house show circuit. 

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Ok, and after further review, Bobby Roode did get his US Title rematch with Orton at WrestleMania but it was made into a 4-way match.

Adam Cole never got his one-on-one rematch with Ricochet. It's bullshit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The one difference this time was that (surprisingly) Sasha didn't win.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The first gauntlet match they had last year saw Bayley lose to Nia in the first round, and Ruby Riott hadn't even debuted yet though Sasha did come out last.

I'm not as sour on the McMahon family as most of you, but it was weird to hear Cole hyping up a new regime as if they weren't the same people in control anyway. Who knows if any meaningful change will happen or not, but while 3 of them seemed somewhat sincere in their wish to listen/cater to the fans, Vince was seemingly still playing the mean spirited billionaire character. When he came out, he told the crowd that he could run the company without having any of them there which was kind of a weird thing to say considering the overall tone of the segment.

Rollins' backstage interview was actually a little bit sad and he seemed to be on the verge of tearing up. He obviously read the criticism of him online after his match and it must have got to him (as it would if anybody was criticized vociferously for their performance in any field) I'm no hater of Rollins, but I'm curious to see if he will change up his entire style after this.

15 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Otis is essentially a modern day Bushwhacker.

Otis is going to be the new Ivan Putski. It's going to be awesome. 

But umm it's been just about a day since the opening of RAW and I still have no idea what Vince was getting at. So are we the authority? I demand hazard pay.

• Like 1